Noncompetitive programs are programs that have limited enrollment, but do not utilize a point system to rank students for possible clinical entry.
The Emergency Medical Science, Pharmacy Technology, Phlebotomy, and Therapeutic Massage programs admit students on a first-come, first-served basis until the cap is reached. Once clinical classes are filled, additional applicants will be placed on a waiting list and offered seats if and when they become available.
The Medical Assisting and Medical Laboratory Technology utilize a two-step admission process. Those applicants with the most general education courses classes completed with a “C” or better and with the earliest clinical application submission date will be selected for the available clinical slots.
To be considered for entry into these programs, students must (1) meet all minimum admission requirements and (2) submit a clinical application no later than the application deadline. Clinical applications can be found on-line under each specific program’s admission page or else you can pick one up at the Health Science Student Services Center located at 2901 Holston Ln, Raleigh, NC.
- Emergency Medical Science (Fall entry) – May 15th
- Emergency Medical Science (Spring entry) – September 15th
- Medical Assisting (Fall entry) – May 15th
- Medical Assisting (Spring entry) – September 15th
- Medical Lab Technology (Fall entry only) – May 15th
- Pharmacy Technology (Fall entry only) – May 15th
- Phlebotomy (Fall entry) – May 15th
- Phlebotomy (Spring entry) – September 15th
- Therapeutic Massage (Fall entry only) – May 15th