Noncompetitive programs are programs that have limited enrollment, but do not use a point system to rank students for possible clinical entry.
The Emergency Medical Science, Pharmacy Technology, Phlebotomy and Therapeutic Massage programs admit students on a first-come, first-served basis until their specific enrollment caps are reached. Once clinical classes are filled, additional applicants will be placed on waiting lists and offered seats if and when they become available.
The Medical Assisting and Medical Laboratory Technology utilize a two-step admission process. Applicants with the most general education courses classes completed with a "C" or better and with the earliest clinical application submission date will be selected for the available clinical slots.
To be considered for entry into these programs, students must meet all minimum admission requirements and submit a clinical application no later than the application deadline. Clinical applications can be found online under each specific program’s admission page and at the Perry Health Sciences Campus Student Services Center, at 2901 Holston Lane in Raleigh.
- Emergency Medical Science (Fall entry) – May 15
- Emergency Medical Science (Spring entry) – September 15
- Medical Assisting (Fall entry) – May 15
- Medical Assisting (Spring entry) – September 15
- Medical Lab Technology (Fall entry only) – May 15
- Pharmacy Technology (Fall entry only) – May 15
- Phlebotomy (Fall entry) – May 15
- Phlebotomy (Spring entry) – September 15
- Therapeutic Massage (Fall entry only) – May 15