All Wake Tech courses are currently operating online. The only exceptions are limited law enforcement, nursing, and radiography classes, and other training specifically requested by public safety and public health agencies.
Updates to Wake Tech academic dates are as follows:
- Spring semester has been extended by one week, until Friday, May 15. All degree courses will remain online for the rest of the spring semester.
- Students unable to complete their coursework by May 15 will receive an “I” (incomplete) grade, and be given until July 31 to finish and have the incomplete grade replaced with a letter grade. In person labs will take place when it’s safe to do so.
- Thursday, April 9, originally scheduled as a day off for students and a professional development day for faculty, will be an instructional day.
- Spring graduation has been postponed until Saturday, July 25.
- Online summer classes will begin as scheduled on Monday, May 18. On-campus summer classes may be added at a later date.
- Current and newly-admitted students can begin registering for summer and fall courses on Monday, April 13, as previously scheduled.
- All non-degree Workforce Continuing Education courses are suspended, except for those already online or that can be converted to online.
Wake Tech’s new Answer Center has helpful resources and FAQs. Anyone with questions can call the Answer Center at 919-866-5000, or send an email to [email protected]. A staff member will respond as soon as possible.
Students are being encouraged to utilize the following resources:
- EPIC eLearning Intro, for students who have never taken an online course
- E-learning support available at online.waketech.edu
- Remote access to Wake Tech libraries and Individualized Learning Centers
- Barnes & Noble online store and free eTextbooks
- Virtual Wellness Services at wellness.waketech.edu
Please continue to monitor this page for further updates.