Drones, Drones, Drones!
Want to get your teen off the couch and outside this summer? Learn the ups and downs of autonomous unmanned aerial vehicle technology (UAV), otherwise known as DRONES! Discover the science and technology behind building, programming, test flying small Drones safely, and in compliance with current FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) rules and regulations. Campers will meet and learn from a FAA licensed and insured Drone instructor/operator. Opportunities for future Drone operators include careers in search and rescue, aerial photography and cinematography, agriculture land surveying, construction DOC, surveying storm damage, and other natural disasters. All campers will receive their very own UAV micro Drone Ready to Fly. The sky is the limit!!
Not at this time
|Campus / Location||Date(s)||Time||Register|
Partial Scholarships are Available for this Camp
Scholarship application deadline is April 10, 2019
Submit scholarship application and all required application documentation by email to Courtney Boney. For additional information about scholarships, contact Courtney Boney at [email protected]
- Recipients will be notified by April 25, 2019
- Scholarships are contingent upon seat availability in camp
- Registration for scholarship applicants and partial payments will be accepted after the notification date
- Applications that are submitted in without the necessary requirements as listed on the form will not be reviewed
How to Register
- Visit the Summer Camp Registration page to begin the registration and payment process.
Campers must provide their own lunch.
Lunch IS NOT Provided.
Camp Cancellation Policy
- Wake Tech reserves the right to cancel camp sessions because of insufficient enrollment or instructor availability, in which case a full refund will be given.
Registrants who cancel 10 calendar days or less before the camp starts will be refunded 75% of the registration fee. "No-shows" are responsible for the registration fee. No refunds will be given after the course begins. To change your registration information or drop out of a camp, submit a written request to the Workforce Continuing Education Registration & Records Office before the camp start date:
Wake Technical Community College
Workforce Continuing Education Registration & Records
9101 Fayetteville Road
Raleigh, North Carolina 27603
For questions or more information about this camp, please contact Courtney Boney
at 919-334-1612 or [email protected]