Yellow Ribbon Program
Wake Tech has been designated a Yellow Ribbon School by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). The designation allows Wake Tech to provide financial assistance to student veterans, with matching funds contributed by the VA.
Wake Tech will contribute up to $1,200 to qualified, non-NC-resident students, both full-time and part-time, who are veterans. The VA will match Wake Tech’s contribution, affording each student up to $2,400 for tuition and fees not covered by the Post 9/11 GI Bill®.
Yellow Ribbon awards will be granted on a first-come first-served basis.
To be eligible for Yellow Ribbon funding, students must be:
- Eligible for the maximum benefit (100%) rate under the Post-9/11 GI Bill®;
- Fully-discharged from the military: not on active duty, not a spouse transferee of an active duty member, and not on terminal leave;
- Admitted to Wake Tech and enrolled in a curriculum program of study (Workforce Continuing Education or non-credit students are ineligible);
- In good academic standing, with a GPA of 2.0 or higher, and not on academic probation, warning, or suspension or have a student conduct restriction;
- A non-resident of NC, ineligible for in-state tuition.
To apply for the Wake Tech 2013-14 Yellow Ribbon Program, qualified student veterans must submit Form 1404: Yellow Ribbon Program Application.
Wake Tech must:
- Offer Yellow Ribbon awards to no more than 50 students;
- Certify students’ enrollment to the VA, including Yellow Ribbon program eligibility criteria and other information as required.
NOTE: The Yellow Ribbon Program award shall not result in a surplus of funds for the student.