ILC Biology Procedures & Resources
Biology Center Procedures
What will happen when you come to the Biology Center for help?
- You will be greeted by a tutor who will ask you questions about your areas of concern and work with you to address these concerns.
- Be prepared to show your notes and textbook so the tutor will be able to judge the material for which you are responsible.
- You are encouraged to bring an instructor referral, previously graded work, or a current assignment so a tutor may look at these materials to help determine the kind of assistance you need.
- You must have your student ID with you every time you use the Biology Center.
- Students may schedule one appointment a day for each class.
- Appointments are encouraged but are not required. Contact the campus ILC to schedule a tutoring session, or just stop by the ILC to see if a tutor is available to work with you.
- Individual appointments are 25 minutes.
- Groups of at least three students can reserve 50 minutes with a tutor.
Make the Most of ILC Biology Tutoring
- Prior to your session, compose a list of what you see as your strengths and weaknesses in the class, the concepts you would like to cover, and what you would like to accomplish.
- Avoid scrambling to the Biology center just before the exam. Give yourself enough time to work through the material that you need to learn.
Additional Biology Center Resources
- Tutor-recommended Online resources
- Reference books
- Targeted review workshops
- Group study sessions
- Anatomical models