The following links offer informative resources to assist students in investigating their career goals. Disclaimer: Wake Tech does not own, maintain, or take responsibility for any of the following websites. We provide these links as a service to our students, as tools for making informed decisions.
- What Can I Do With This Major? - Connects majors to career areas and identifies employers that hire within each major.
- College Foundation of NC (CFNC) - Offers tools for college transition, exploration of programs and majors, career video, and transfer planning.
- Vocational Biographies - Examines careers through the biographies of workers in various fields (username: waketech, password: careers)
- Sloan Career Cornerstone - Explores career profiles of professionals in science, technology, engineering, math, and health care fields
- Princeton Review - Outlines information on college majors, careers, and college rankings
- Career Coach - Provides the most current local data on wages, employment, job postings, and associated education and training at Wake Tech.
- O*NET - Offers a search engine for detailed descriptions of more than 1,000 jobs
- Career One Stop - Provides information on occupations, salaries, outlook and career videos
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - Identifies information on salaries, education and training, outlook, and employment resources
- America's Career InfoNet - Outlines information on occupations and industries, self-assessments, salary, and outlook
- Focus 2 – Combines self-assessment, career and major exploration, decision-making, and action planning. Please attend a Career Lens session to gain access into the Focus 2 system.
- College Foundation of NC (CFNC) - Explores interests, transferrable skills, abilities, and work values to identify career options
- My Next Move - Provides career information including work demands, educational requirements, and job outlook
- Personality Type.com -Unlocks personality "types" to gain insight into one’s preferences
- Humanmetrics - Identifies areas of one’s lifestyle and determines how they relate to specific career fields
- Keirsey Temperament Sorter - Classifies temperament types and their connection to careers of interest