Career and Employment Resources Presents:
“Make Your Career Virtually Unstoppable”
Sessions are free to prospective/enrolled students and alumni.
In the blink of an eye, we now live and work in an environment that’s primarily virtual.
Navigating your career under these circumstances requires changing your tactics and learning new techniques. Although we are transitioning in unprecedented times, it is prime time to reset the steps along your career journey. We’re here to help!
Led by industry experts, this webinar series will provide you with invaluable knowledge and effective practices to help make your career virtually unstoppable!
===== Recordings of Previous Sessions =====
Empowered Women of Wake Tech: Minority Women Making Change
Thursday, October 15 from 2:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Career and Employment Resources presents Women are challenging the norms and pushing boundaries while blazing a path of excellence. Hear stories of initiative, perseverance, and resilience from several distinguished women of Wake Tech.
- Jacinta Almond, Director of Academic Advising
- Katie Gailes, Director, Entrepreneurship Initiatives
- Kela Farmer, Office of Volunteerism Coordinator
- Michelle Blackmon, Fostering Bright Futures Program Coordinator
Recording of Career Spotlight: Mental Wellness Professionals
Tuesday, October 13th at 2:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Do you have a passion for helping others? Are you interested in a career that makes a difference? Do you need insights into the different career options in the field of human services? If so, join us as we engage in conversation with mental wellness professionals from various backgrounds.
Our featured panelists include:
- Amanda Allen, M.Ed., NCC, LCMHCA - Wellness Counselor at Wake Tech Community College
- Ashley Bailey, MS, CRC, LCMHCA - Counselor at North Carolina Central University
- Thu Washington, LCMHCS, NCC - Senior Consultant at Washington and Company
- Lyndon Robinson, Ed.D., LCMHC - Counselor in Charge at North Carolina Vocational Rehabilitation Service
Cultivating Creative Careers
Monday, September 14th at 12:00 pm- 1:00 pm
Do you want a career that embraces your creative talents? Do you need inspiration to ignite your creative potential? If so, please join us as we engage in conversation with local artists from various artistic industries.
Our featured panelists include:
- Sandra Dubose- Award-winning National Motivational Speaker, Personal Development Coach, Author, Multi-talented Performing Artist and Event Coordinator at Wake Technical Community College
- Ellen Edwards Long- Successful Entrepreneur, Educator, and Business owner of Jewels by Elan
- Troy McNish- Accomplished Content Creator, Filmmaker, Photographer, Videographer, and Live Events Coordinator at Red Hat
This event will include topics such as:
- Careers options within the art industry.
- The impact and value of embracing your creative skill set.
- Tips for creative entrepreneurs striving to launch a career.
A Diverse and Inclusive Workplace in Action is the “The New Normal”
Tuesday, June 9 from 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Panelists: Red Hat professionals
Have you ever wondered what it’s like to work in an environment where you are accepted for your uniqueness and individuality? Organizations today recognize the importance of cultivating an inclusive workplace and the value of diverse teams. Unleashing the power of a diverse team.
Panelists will engage in discussion on topics such as:
- Creating transformational change
- Promoting connectivity and a spirit of belonging
Acing the Virtual Interview
Wednesday, June 10 from 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Hosted by The Environmental Protection Agency
Many employers are now opting for virtual interviews. While the questions may be similar, a virtual interview consists of numerous differences that require thought and preparation.
Panelists will engage in topics such as:
- Differences from both a recruiter and candidate perspective.
- Effectively utilizing space and technology.
- Steps to ensure success and pitfalls to avoid.
Creating a Resume and Digital Brand that Makes an Impact
Wednesday, June 10 from 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Hosted by Cisco
Recruitment professionals will discuss how to make your resume stand out! From the format to the content, they will enlighten you on strategies to get you in the door and impact your chances of getting hired for the job you want! You’ll also learn various methods to build and market your digital footprint.
Building and Maintaining Connections in a Virtual World
Thursday, June 11 from 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Hosted by SAS
No networking events currently on your schedule? No worries! The great news is that you can continue to build relationships and access business opportunities right now. This webinar will offer ways to assist you in thinking creatively about how best to manage your career planning in the current situation. Gain ideas for making meaningful professional connections and expanding your network.