Student Activities Frequently Asked Questions
Wake Tech XTRA is our web-based organization management system and is the easiest way for students, faculty, and staff to find out what's happening at Wake Tech.
- Explore students clubs and organizations
- Stay informed about activities and events
- Find study groups and service projects
- Plan your social calendar
- Network with peers
- Document volunteer hours, training, and professional development
Sign in with your Wake Tech key account username and password.
Student Activities at Wake Tech includes the Student Government Association (SGA) and its Executive Board along with an extensive variety of programs, clubs, and organizations designed to engage and inspire students. These groups offer valuable leadership experiences, connections to professional organizations, networking opportunities, and special events that enrich students’ lives – during the college years and beyond.
Examples of yearly events:
- Welcome Week
- Campus & Community Resource Fair
- Wake Tech Remembers 9/11
- Constitution Day
- Facts & Snacks
- Mental Health Awareness Week
- Fall Festival
- MLK Day
- Black History Month
- Women's History Month
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- Spring Fling
Go to clubs.waketech.edu under the “Starting a New Club” tab for full instructions!
Overview of starting a club:
All student organizations must be approved by the College through the Office of Student Activities.
- Students or staff members desiring the creation of a new organization must present their request online. This application must include:
- Organization purpose and mission
- List of proposed activities
- Student signatures of support (10)
The organization must receive approval before receiving any club funds or official recognition. This process may take 2-6 weeks.
*Please note that the fall deadline to submit New Club Applications is October 1st. The spring deadline to submit New Club Applications is February 1st.
SGA hires officers in the spring semester of each year. Make sure to join XTRA and join the portal, “Clubs, Orgs & SGA” as our applications will be posted in January for open positions.
- SGA Executive Board - Lead the Wake Tech student community. As a team, you will work diligently with faculty, staff and students to improve and celebrate Wake Tech.
- SGA Senator - Be a voice for our students. Gather student comments, concerns and ideas and implement these positive changes.
- SGA Eagle Productions - Help make our campus fun! As a student team, you will plan and coordinate events for our student community.
SGA General Assembly meetings are held at 2:00 p.m. the fourth week of every month. The SGA General Assembly includes all the Senators and Executive Board members in addition to all club representatives and students.
All students are welcome to attend these meetings. *Check the SGA website for locations at sga.waketech.edu. Missed a meeting? No worries! We post the meeting minutes on XTRA under the “Clubs, Organizations, & SGA” portal under 'Documents' at the bottom of the page (student login required).