Office of Volunteerism and Leadership
The Office of Volunteerism and (Student) Leadership (OVAL) was established to help students develop the knowledge and skills to serve their communities, to provide them with service opportunities and to encourage them to become active local and global leaders. OVAL provides leadership training and service experiences in support of Wake Tech’s core values of accountability, respect, responsibility and collaboration.
OVAL’s vision is to create an infrastructure that will raise awareness of the critical needs of the community, promote collective responsibility and cultivate lifetime leadership, learning and activism for positive social change.
Wake Tech is committed to on- and off-campus opportunities. To learn more about volunteerism opportunities and to get involved, visit our Wake Tech Xtra page
Service is helping out, plain and simple. You can take your time, talents, and gifts, and turn it into positive impact in your community.
Service benefits ...
- Wake Tech faculty, staff and students have a variety of gifts and skills that can be used to meet the needs of our fellow community members. By volunteering your time, you can make a direct difference in Wake County.
Faculty and staff
- For busy professionals, it can be difficult to consistently give back. The Wake Tech Volunteer and Service Learning Program can take care of that for you. We offer pre-arranged opportunities to get involved in the community.
- Families and children are welcome to participate. We offer many projects that will help young ones learning an ethic of service and giving back.
- The opportunity to represent Wake Tech and the Wake Tech Way in our community.
- Build your resume. Service is a great way to take the skills you’re learning at Wake Tech and apply them.
- Explore personal interests. If you think you might like working with children as a teacher, why not sign up to tutor?
- Make new friends.
- Change the community and the world around you with your time and gifts.
Service connects Wake Tech’s educational resources, students, faculty and staff to community concerns and needs to help make the world around us a better place to live.