Plus 50 Lifelong Learning
Wake Tech offers courses designed especially for adults 50 and over that can help you discover a new career, improve your job search skills, plan for retirement, or explore personal interests.
Check out these programs and resources:
Become an Entrepreneur
You may have dreamed of starting a business or turning hobbies or volunteer work into a money-making operation. Wake Tech's Small Business Center and Entrepreneurship Initiatives programs have resources to help get you started. Talk with an SBC advisor (live and in person!) in a free, confidential session, any time questions arise.
Retired to Re-hired!
Going back into the workforce can be daunting: You may wonder about your tech skills or generation gaps in the workplace - or you may be seeing a challenge you haven't identified yet. Wake Tech's Career Transitions Forum is a great place to start. This unique, weekly series of lectures and networking activities brings professionals together to share ideas and experience in a supportive environment.
Course Details & Registration Information
- Learn what it takes to be a successful entrepreneur.
- Understand how to conduct market research and test the feasibility of a business or idea.
- Learn how to write a good business plan that contains all of the necessary elements.
- Learn how to market and fund a business.
- Understand what local and national resources are available to help build and manage a successful business.
- Assess your own ability as an entrepreneur.
- Evaluate the feasibility of your business idea.
- Align personal goals with your business idea.
- Create organizing and marketing strategies.
- Explore pricing for your product or service.
- Develop capital needs & sound financial statements.
- Research, develop, and write a comprehensive plan for your business.
Comfortable using the internet.
Easy access to a computer.
- Attendance 80% or above