Plus-50 Lifelong Learning
Wake Tech offers courses designed especially for adults age 50 or older that can help you discover a new career, improve your job search skills, plan for retirement or explore personal interests. The Plus-50 program has courses that range from such as yoga to dance to Spanish to scrapbooking.
In addition to courses offered at various Wake Tech campuses and sites, we offer programs at senior centers, community and recreation sites throughout Wake County. If you take a course at a location other than a Wake Tech campus, you must register for the course at that specific location.
Partner sites and senior centers
Become an entrepreneur
You may have dreamed of starting a business or turning hobbies or volunteer work into a money-making operation. Wake Tech's Small Business Center (SBC) and Entrepreneurship Initiatives programs have resources to help get you started. Talk with an SBC advisor in a free, confidential session any time questions arise.
Retired to rehired
Going back into the workforce can be daunting. You may wonder about your tech skills or generation gaps in the workplace – or you may be seeing a challenge you haven't identified yet. Wake Tech's Career Transitions Forum is a great place to start. The unique, weekly series of lectures and networking activities brings professionals together to share ideas and experience in a supportive environment.
Course details and registration information
- Understand sales as a business discipline
- Know how sales and marketing interact in the client/customer acquisition process
- Learn the steps in the logical sales process
- Learn and practice effective sales techniques
- Know yourself and your selling style
- Know your market/product
- Identifying relevant decision makers
- Getting past gatekeepers and gaining appointments
- What are the most effective sales techniques
- How to successfullly use effective sales techniques
- Establishing rapport with the client
- Analyzing client needs
- Overcoming objections
- Building and maintaining ongoing relationships with clients
- Attendance 95% or above
ConnectWake Tech eNews
Wake Tech Podcast
Wake Tech Mobile App