Plus 50 Lifelong Learning
Wake Tech offers courses designed especially for adults 50 and over that can help you discover a new career, improve your job search skills, plan for retirement, or explore personal interests.
At our Plus 50 events, you can sample courses and attend presentations from community experts on a wide variety of topics - small business counseling, long-term healthcare, retirement, beer brewing, flying commercial drones, and much more! Stay tuned for announcements about upcoming Plus 50 events.
Plus 50 Expo
Save the date! The Plus 50 Expo is coming to Wake Tech Northern Wake Campus on Tuesday, March 13.
More details coming soon!
Check out these programs and resources:
Become an Entrepreneur
You may have dreamed of starting a business or turning hobbies or volunteer work into a money-making operation. Wake Tech's Small Business Center and Entrepreneurship Initiatives programs have resources to help get you started. Talk with an SBC advisor (live and in person!) in a free, confidential session, any time questions arise.
Retired to Re-hired!
Going back into the workforce can be daunting: You may wonder about your tech skills or generation gaps in the workplace - or you may be seeing a challenge you haven't identified yet. Wake Tech's Workforce Continuing Education division can help -- and the Career Transitions Forum is a great place to start. This unique, weekly series of lectures and networking activities brings professionals together to share ideas and experience in a supportive environment.
Course Details & Registration Information
- Understand sales as a business discipline
- Know how sales and marketing interact in the client/customer acquisition process
- Learn the steps in the logical sales process
- Learn and practice effective sales techniques
- Know yourself and your selling style
- Know your market/product
- Identifying relevant decision makers
- Getting past gatekeepers and gaining appointments
- What are the most effective sales techniques
- How to successfullly use effective sales techniques
- Establishing rapport with the client
- Analyzing client needs
- Overcoming objections
- Building and maintaining ongoing relationships with clients
- Attendance 95% or above