Plus 50 Lifelong Learning
Wake Tech offers courses designed especially for adults 50 and over that can help you discover a new career, improve your job search skills, plan for retirement, or explore personal interests.
At our Plus 50 events, you can sample courses and attend presentations from community experts on a wide variety of topics - small business counseling, long-term healthcare, retirement, beer brewing, flying commercial drones, and much more! Stay tuned for announcements about upcoming Plus 50 events.
Check out these programs and resources:
Become an Entrepreneur
You may have dreamed of starting a business or turning hobbies or volunteer work into a money-making operation. Wake Tech's Small Business Center and Entrepreneurship Initiatives programs have resources to help get you started. Talk with an SBC advisor (live and in person!) in a free, confidential session, any time questions arise.
Retired to Re-hired!
Going back into the workforce can be daunting: You may wonder about your tech skills or generation gaps in the workplace - or you may be seeing a challenge you haven't identified yet. Wake Tech's Workforce Continuing Education division can help -- and the Career Transitions Forum is a great place to start. This unique, weekly series of lectures and networking activities brings professionals together to share ideas and experience in a supportive environment.
Course Details & Registration Information
- Understand sales as a business discipline
- Know how sales and marketing interact in the client/customer acquisition process
- Learn the steps in the logical sales process
- Learn and practice effective sales techniques
- Know yourself and your selling style
- Know your market/product
- Identifying relevant decision makers
- Getting past gatekeepers and gaining appointments
- What are the most effective sales techniques
- How to successfullly use effective sales techniques
- Establishing rapport with the client
- Analyzing client needs
- Overcoming objections
- Building and maintaining ongoing relationships with clients
- Attendance 95% or above