Plus 50 Lifelong Learning
Wake Tech's Plus 50 program offers courses such as yoga, dance, Spanish, and scrapbooking. If you take a course at a location other than a Wake Tech campus such as a senior center, then you must register for a course at that specific senior center.
In addition to courses offered at various Wake Tech campuses and sites, we offer programs at senior centers, community and recreation sites throughout Wake County.
Partner sites and senior centers
|Apex Community Center||919-249-3402||53 Hunter St, Apex, NC 27502|
|Cary Senior Center||919-469-4061||120 Maury Odell Pl, Cary, NC 27513|
|Eastern Wake Senior Center||919-365-4248||323 Lake Drive Wendell, NC 27591|
|Garner Senior Center||919-779-0122||205 E Garner Rd, Garner, NC 27529|
|Northern Wake Senior Center||919-554-4111||235 E Holding Ave, Wake Forest, NC 27587|
Become an Entrepreneur
You may have dreamed of starting a business or turning hobbies or volunteer work into a money-making operation. Wake Tech's Small Business Center and Entrepreneurship Initiatives programs have resources to help get you started. Talk with an SBC advisor (live and in person!) in a free, confidential session, any time questions arise.
Retired to Re-hired!
Going back into the workforce can be daunting: You may wonder about your tech skills or generation gaps in the workplace - or you may be seeing a challenge you haven't identified yet. Wake Tech's Career Transitions Forum is a great place to start. This unique, weekly series of lectures and networking activities brings professionals together to share ideas and experience in a supportive environment.
Course Details & Registration Information
- Develop the basic ability to navigate the Microsoft Windows 10 environment
- Use Windows apps and desktop applications to complete day-to-day tasks, including installing new apps and multitasking with multiple programs
- Work with files and folders by using File Explorer and OneDrive
- Use Cortana as your virtual personal assistant and use Edge for web browsing
- Customize Windows 10
- Install and remove printers and peripheral devices
- Use Windows 10 security features to create more secure passwords and protect your device against common attacks
- Access Windows 10
- Windows Universal Apps and Desktop Applications
- Files and Folders
- Cortana and Edge
- Installing and Removing Devices
- Security Features
- Attendance 90% or above
- Demonstrate an understanding of at least 70% of course material taught.