Plus 50 Lifelong Learning
2019 Plus 50 Expo
Thank you for making this year's event a success!
Plus 50 Sites and Programs
In addition to courses offered at various Wake Tech campuses and sites, we offer programs at senior centers, community and recreation sites throughout Wake County:
|Apex Community Center||919-249-3402||53 Hunter St, Apex, NC 27502|
|Cary Senior Center||919-469-4061||120 Maury Odell Pl, Cary, NC 27513|
|Cedar Fork Community Center||919-463-7100||1050 Town Hall Dr, Morrisville, NC 27560|
|Eastern Wake Senior Center||919-365-4248||323 Lake Drive Wendell, NC 27591|
|Garner Senior Center||919-779-0122||205 E Garner Rd, Garner, NC 27529|
|Knightdale Recreation Center||919-217-2232||101 Lawson Ridge Rd. Knightdale, NC 27545|
|Northern Wake Senior Center||919-554-4111||235 E Holding Ave, Wake Forest, NC 27587|
Become an Entrepreneur
You may have dreamed of starting a business or turning hobbies or volunteer work into a money-making operation. Wake Tech's Small Business Center and Entrepreneurship Initiatives programs have resources to help get you started. Talk with an SBC advisor (live and in person!) in a free, confidential session, any time questions arise.
Retired to Re-hired!
Going back into the workforce can be daunting: You may wonder about your tech skills or generation gaps in the workplace - or you may be seeing a challenge you haven't identified yet. Wake Tech's Career Transitions Forum is a great place to start. This unique, weekly series of lectures and networking activities brings professionals together to share ideas and experience in a supportive environment.
Course Details & Registration Information
- Develop the basic ability to navigate the Microsoft Windows 10 environment
- Use Windows apps and desktop applications to complete day-to-day tasks, including installing new apps and multitasking with multiple programs
- Work with files and folders by using File Explorer and OneDrive
- Use Cortana as your virtual personal assistant and use Edge for web browsing
- Customize Windows 10
- Install and remove printers and peripheral devices
- Use Windows 10 security features to create more secure passwords and protect your device against common attacks
- Access Windows 10
- Windows Universal Apps and Desktop Applications
- Files and Folders
- Cortana and Edge
- Installing and Removing Devices
- Security Features
- Attendance 90% or above
- Demonstrate an understanding of at least 70% of course material taught.