Plus 50 Lifelong Learning
Wake Tech's Plus 50 program offers courses such as yoga, dance, Spanish and scrapbooking. If you take a course at a location other than a Wake Tech campus, such as a senior center, you must register for the course at that specific location.
In addition to courses offered at various Wake Tech campuses and sites, we offer programs at senior centers, community and recreation sites throughout Wake County.
Partner sites and senior centers
Become an entrepreneur
You may have dreamed of starting a business or turning hobbies or volunteer work into a money-making operation. Wake Tech's Small Business Center and Entrepreneurship Initiatives programs have resources to help get you started. Talk with an SBC advisor in a free, confidential session any time questions arise.
Retired to re-hired
Going back into the workforce can be daunting: You may wonder about your tech skills or generation gaps in the workplace – or you may be seeing a challenge you haven't identified yet. Wake Tech's Career Transitions Forum is a great place to start. This unique, weekly series of lectures and networking activities brings professionals together to share ideas and experience in a supportive environment.
Course details and registration information
- have received and discovered new ideas and skills to incorporate into their professional repertoire for gaining employment.
- have had the opportunity to evaluate, synthesize and discriminate information that is relatable and applicable to their job search and professional development.
- have gained a current real-world perspective of opportunities, skills development and challenges for a career transition.
- have networked with other job seeking professionals.
- Below are sample topics that presenters may speak on.
Using research to power a winning job search
Handling the interview: strategies and tactics
Compensation from the company's perspective
A recruiter's perspective
Personal branding in your job search
Networking: a new mindset
How to increase your influence, credibility, and confidence
Understanding current and local job-hiring trends
Exploring alternate money-making ideas
- Attendance 100%
- This is an open/entry program that allows participants to attend any meeting once registered. Attending any one meeting will meet the attendance requirement.
- Confidence Focused Interviewing - HRD-3001AC2
- Creating Stellar Cover Letters - HRD-3003AE2
- Learning New Tricks: Seeking Employment As a Mature Professional - HRD-3006AD2
- Explore Leadership Skills for Gaining and Maintaining Employment - HRD-3006AC2
- Beat the Applicant Tracking System and Get Your Resume Noticed - HRD-3001AV2
- Make Your Resume Work for You - HRD-3001BE2