Plus 50 Lifelong Learning
Plus 50 Sites and Programs
In addition to courses offered at various Wake Tech campuses and sites, we offer programs at senior centers, community and recreation sites throughout Wake County:
|Apex Community Center||919-249-3402||53 Hunter St, Apex, NC 27502|
|Cary Senior Center||919-469-4061||120 Maury Odell Pl, Cary, NC 27513|
|Eastern Wake Senior Center||919-365-4248||323 Lake Drive Wendell, NC 27591|
|Garner Senior Center||919-779-0122||205 E Garner Rd, Garner, NC 27529|
|Northern Wake Senior Center||919-554-4111||235 E Holding Ave, Wake Forest, NC 27587|
Example offsite courses include yoga, dance, Spanish, and scrapbooking. One must register at the specific senior center for these courses and to see the list of classes available.
Become an Entrepreneur
You may have dreamed of starting a business or turning hobbies or volunteer work into a money-making operation. Wake Tech's Small Business Center and Entrepreneurship Initiatives programs have resources to help get you started. Talk with an SBC advisor (live and in person!) in a free, confidential session, any time questions arise.
Retired to Re-hired!
Going back into the workforce can be daunting: You may wonder about your tech skills or generation gaps in the workplace - or you may be seeing a challenge you haven't identified yet. Wake Tech's Career Transitions Forum is a great place to start. This unique, weekly series of lectures and networking activities brings professionals together to share ideas and experience in a supportive environment.
Course Details & Registration Information
- have discovered which employers and industries and positions have a higher track record of hiring mature workers.
- have focused on overcoming challenges of the hiring process that mature workers often experience.
- have listed the skill development necessary for attaining employment as a mature worker.
- have discussed promotional opportunities needed for maintaining employment as a mature professional.
- have understood what employers look for in hiring and discovered “tricks” to be more successful in obtaining employment as a mature worker.
- Mature professionals working in America
- Employer benefits of hiring mature professionals
- Employers, industries, and positions with a higher demand for hiring mature professionals
- Technology, networking and social media in the job search
- Benefits and challenges of hiring for mature professionals
- Options for mature workers to hone skills for gaining or maintaining employment
- Employers' needs
- Rights under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- Tricks to be more successful in obtaining employment as a mature worker
- Attendance 90% or above
- Maintain Your Mental Stamina: Keep Your Head in the Game As You Move Through the Job Search! - HRD-3006K2