Plus 50 Lifelong Learning
Wake Tech offers courses designed especially for adults 50 and over that can help you discover a new career, improve your job search skills, plan for retirement, or explore personal interests.
At our Plus 50 events, you can sample courses and attend presentations from community experts on a wide variety of topics - small business counseling, long-term healthcare, retirement, beer brewing, flying commercial drones, and much more! Stay tuned for announcements about upcoming Plus 50 events.
Plus 50 Expo
Save the date! The Plus 50 Expo is coming to Wake Tech Northern Wake Campus on Tuesday, March 13.
More details coming soon!
Check out these programs and resources:
Become an Entrepreneur
You may have dreamed of starting a business or turning hobbies or volunteer work into a money-making operation. Wake Tech's Small Business Center and Entrepreneurship Initiatives programs have resources to help get you started. Talk with an SBC advisor (live and in person!) in a free, confidential session, any time questions arise.
Retired to Re-hired!
Going back into the workforce can be daunting: You may wonder about your tech skills or generation gaps in the workplace - or you may be seeing a challenge you haven't identified yet. Wake Tech's Workforce Continuing Education division can help -- and the Career Transitions Forum is a great place to start. This unique, weekly series of lectures and networking activities brings professionals together to share ideas and experience in a supportive environment.
Course Details & Registration Information
- have discovered which employers and industries and positions have a higher track record of hiring mature workers.
- have focused on overcoming challenges of the hiring process that mature workers currently experience.
- have listed skill development necessary for attaining employment as a mature worker.
- have discussed promotional opportunities needed for maintaining employment as an seasoned worker.
- have understood what employers look for in hiring; and discovered “tricks” to be more successful in obtaining employment as a mature worker.
- Mature professional working in America
- Employer benefits of hiring seasoned workers
- Employers and industry and positions with a higher demand for hiring mature professionals
- Technology, networking and social media in the job search
- Benefits and challenges of hiring for mature professionals
- Options for mature workers to hone skills for gaining or maintaining employment
- Employers needs
- Rights under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- Tricks to be more successful in obtaining employment as a mature worker.
- Attendance 90% or above
- Maintain Your Mental Stamina: Keep Your Head in the Game As You Move Through the Job Search! - HRD-3006K2