Plus 50 Lifelong Learning
Wake Tech offers courses designed especially for adults 50 and over that can help you discover a new career, improve your job search skills, plan for retirement, or explore personal interests.
At our Plus 50 events, you can sample courses and attend presentations from community experts on a wide variety of topics - small business counseling, long-term healthcare, retirement, beer brewing, flying commercial drones, and much more! Stay tuned for announcements about upcoming Plus 50 events.
Check out these programs and resources:
Become an Entrepreneur
You may have dreamed of starting a business or turning hobbies or volunteer work into a money-making operation. Wake Tech's Small Business Center and Entrepreneurship Initiatives programs have resources to help get you started. Talk with an SBC advisor (live and in person!) in a free, confidential session, any time questions arise.
Retired to Re-hired!
Going back into the workforce can be daunting: You may wonder about your tech skills or generation gaps in the workplace - or you may be seeing a challenge you haven't identified yet. Wake Tech's Workforce Continuing Education division can help -- and the Career Transitions Forum is a great place to start. This unique, weekly series of lectures and networking activities brings professionals together to share ideas and experience in a supportive environment.
Course Details & Registration Information
- have discovered which employers and industries and positions have a higher track record of hiring mature workers.
- have focused on overcoming challenges of the hiring process that mature workers currently experience.
- have listed skill development necessary for attaining employment as a mature worker.
- have discussed promotional opportunities needed for maintaining employment as an seasoned worker.
- have understood what employers look for in hiring; and discovered “tricks” to be more successful in obtaining employment as a mature worker.
- Mature professional working in America
- Employer benefits of hiring seasoned workers
- Employers and industry and positions with a higher demand for hiring mature professionals
- Technology, networking and social media in the job search
- Benefits and challenges of hiring for mature professionals
- Options for mature workers to hone skills for gaining or maintaining employment
- Employers needs
- Rights under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- Tricks to be more successful in obtaining employment as a mature worker.
- Attendance 90% or above
- Maintain Your Mental Stamina: Keep Your Head in the Game As You Move Through the Job Search! - HRD-3006K2