Plus 50 Lifelong Learning
Wake Tech offers courses designed especially for adults 50 and over that can help you discover a new career, improve your job search skills, plan for retirement, or explore personal interests.
Check out these programs and resources:
Become an Entrepreneur
You may have dreamed of starting a business or turning hobbies or volunteer work into a money-making operation. Wake Tech's Small Business Center and Entrepreneurship Initiatives programs have resources to help get you started. Talk with an SBC advisor (live and in person!) in a free, confidential session, any time questions arise.
Retired to Re-hired!
Going back into the workforce can be daunting: You may wonder about your tech skills or generation gaps in the workplace - or you may be seeing a challenge you haven't identified yet. Wake Tech's Career Transitions Forum is a great place to start. This unique, weekly series of lectures and networking activities brings professionals together to share ideas and experience in a supportive environment.
Course Details & Registration Information
- have learned about career planning and assessment information relevant to retired adults.
- have assessed assets and limitations related to employment.
- have fostered the development of a positive self-concept for career success.
- have developed communication skills needed to obtain gainful employment.
- have set measurable, obtainable goals for the job search.
- Module 1 - Understanding your value in the world of work
- Module 2 - Making a work wish list
- Module 3 - Uncovering and overcoming barriers to employment
- Module 4 - Preparing for traditional and nontraditional job searches
- Module 5 - Developing a strong resume
- Module 6 - Winning in the interview
- Attendance 95% or above
- Learning New Tricks: Seeking Employment as a Mature Professional - HRD-3006V2
- How To Get The Success You Want - HRD-3003X2