Plus 50 Lifelong Learning
Wake Tech's Plus 50 program offers courses such as yoga, dance, Spanish and scrapbooking. If you take a course at a location other than a Wake Tech campus, such as a senior center, you must register for the course at that specific location.
In addition to courses offered at various Wake Tech campuses and sites, we offer programs at senior centers, community and recreation sites throughout Wake County.
Partner sites and senior centers
Become an entrepreneur
You may have dreamed of starting a business or turning hobbies or volunteer work into a money-making operation. Wake Tech's Small Business Center and Entrepreneurship Initiatives programs have resources to help get you started. Talk with an SBC advisor in a free, confidential session any time questions arise.
Retired to re-hired
Going back into the workforce can be daunting: You may wonder about your tech skills or generation gaps in the workplace – or you may be seeing a challenge you haven't identified yet. Wake Tech's Career Transitions Forum is a great place to start. This unique, weekly series of lectures and networking activities brings professionals together to share ideas and experience in a supportive environment.
Course details and registration information
- Learn the history and viability of Social Security
- Understand how the Social Security program works
- Know your options and the impact of your claiming age
- Study various strategies to maximize benefits
- Be aware of the factors that may affect benefits
- Develop a strategy for Social Security that fits your financial plan
- The history of Social Security
- Qualifying for benefits
- How benefits are calculated
- When you can claim benefits
- Effects of filing early versus late
- Spousal benefits and Restricted Applications
- Benefits if widowed or divorced
- Filing strategies to maximize benefits
- Taxation and the Earnings Test
- Fitting Social Security into a holistic plan
- Attendance 95% or above