Plus-50 Lifelong Learning
Wake Tech offers courses designed especially for adults age 50 or older that can help you discover a new career, improve your job search skills, plan for retirement or explore personal interests. The Plus-50 program has courses that range from such as yoga to dance to Spanish to scrapbooking.
In addition to courses offered at various Wake Tech campuses and sites, we offer programs at senior centers, community and recreation sites throughout Wake County. If you take a course at a location other than a Wake Tech campus, you must register for the course at that specific location.
Partner sites and senior centers
Become an entrepreneur
You may have dreamed of starting a business or turning hobbies or volunteer work into a money-making operation. Wake Tech's Small Business Center (SBC) and Entrepreneurship Initiatives programs have resources to help get you started. Talk with an SBC advisor in a free, confidential session any time questions arise.
Retired to rehired
Going back into the workforce can be daunting. You may wonder about your tech skills or generation gaps in the workplace – or you may be seeing a challenge you haven't identified yet. Wake Tech's Career Transitions Forum is a great place to start. The unique, weekly series of lectures and networking activities brings professionals together to share ideas and experience in a supportive environment.
Course details and registration information
- Learn how to determine the amount of money you need to retire.
- Create your own goals for a successful retirement.
- Learn how to eliminate debt and improve cash flow
- Learn how to properly convert your IRA to a Roth IRA
- Learn how to select the retirement plan distribution choice that is right for you
- Learn how to transfer the risk of potential financial losses before or during retirement
- Learn how to reduce or eliminate taxes, expenses, delays and legal challenges with estate planning
- Learn how to plan your retirement income to preserve a comfortable standard of living
- Life Planning for Retirement
- Retirement Needs and Expenses
- Retirement Roadblocks and Mistakes
- Retirement Income Sources
- Retirement Plan Distributions
- Risk Management and Asset Protections
- Estate Planning
- Attendance 100%