Plus 50 Lifelong Learning
Wake Tech's Plus 50 program offers courses such as yoga, dance, Spanish, and scrapbooking. If you take a course at a location other than a Wake Tech campus such as a senior center, then you must register for a course at that specific senior center.
In addition to courses offered at various Wake Tech campuses and sites, we offer programs at senior centers, community and recreation sites throughout Wake County.
Partner sites and senior centers
|Apex Community Center||919-249-3402||53 Hunter St, Apex, NC 27502|
|Cary Senior Center||919-469-4061||120 Maury Odell Pl, Cary, NC 27513|
|Eastern Wake Senior Center||919-365-4248||323 Lake Drive Wendell, NC 27591|
|Garner Senior Center||919-779-0122||205 E Garner Rd, Garner, NC 27529|
|Northern Wake Senior Center||919-554-4111||235 E Holding Ave, Wake Forest, NC 27587|
Become an Entrepreneur
You may have dreamed of starting a business or turning hobbies or volunteer work into a money-making operation. Wake Tech's Small Business Center and Entrepreneurship Initiatives programs have resources to help get you started. Talk with an SBC advisor (live and in person!) in a free, confidential session, any time questions arise.
Retired to Re-hired!
Going back into the workforce can be daunting: You may wonder about your tech skills or generation gaps in the workplace - or you may be seeing a challenge you haven't identified yet. Wake Tech's Career Transitions Forum is a great place to start. This unique, weekly series of lectures and networking activities brings professionals together to share ideas and experience in a supportive environment.
Course Details & Registration Information
|Section||Location||Begin Date||End Date||Instructor||Price||Seats Available/Total Seats|
- Learn how to determine the amount of money you need to retire.
- Create your own goals for a successful retirement.
- Learn how to eliminate debt and improve cash flow
- Learn how to properly convert your IRA to a Roth IRA
- Learn how to select the retirement plan distribution choice that is right for you
- Learn how to transfer the risk of potential financial losses before or during retirement
- Learn how to reduce or eliminate taxes, expenses, delays and legal challenges with estate planning
- Learn how to plan your retirement income to preserve a comfortable standard of living
- Life Planning for Retirement
- Retirement Needs and Expenses
- Retirement Roadblocks and Mistakes
- Retirement Income Sources
- Retirement Plan Distributions
- Risk Management and Asset Protections
- Estate Planning
- Attendance 100%