Plus 50 Lifelong Learning
Plus 50 Sites and Programs
In addition to courses offered at various Wake Tech campuses and sites, we offer programs at senior centers, community and recreation sites throughout Wake County:
|Apex Community Center||919-249-3402||53 Hunter St, Apex, NC 27502|
|Cary Senior Center||919-469-4061||120 Maury Odell Pl, Cary, NC 27513|
|Eastern Wake Senior Center||919-365-4248||323 Lake Drive Wendell, NC 27591|
|Garner Senior Center||919-779-0122||205 E Garner Rd, Garner, NC 27529|
|Northern Wake Senior Center||919-554-4111||235 E Holding Ave, Wake Forest, NC 27587|
Example offsite courses include yoga, dance, Spanish, and scrapbooking. One must register at the specific senior center for these courses and to see the list of classes available.
Become an Entrepreneur
You may have dreamed of starting a business or turning hobbies or volunteer work into a money-making operation. Wake Tech's Small Business Center and Entrepreneurship Initiatives programs have resources to help get you started. Talk with an SBC advisor (live and in person!) in a free, confidential session, any time questions arise.
Retired to Re-hired!
Going back into the workforce can be daunting: You may wonder about your tech skills or generation gaps in the workplace - or you may be seeing a challenge you haven't identified yet. Wake Tech's Career Transitions Forum is a great place to start. This unique, weekly series of lectures and networking activities brings professionals together to share ideas and experience in a supportive environment.
Course Details & Registration Information
- learn the interrelated aspects of our world. Context to events and the times in which they occurred will be explained. Participants will be able to assess current events.
- 1900-1909: Flight, Autos, Quantum Theory, Early Silent Movies, First radio with voice, color photography and more
- 1910-1919: First crystal-set radio, Rutherford’s theory of Atomic Structure, Titanic sinks, Ford’s new assembly line, Panama Canal opens, WWI begins and Einstein’s Theory of Relativity confirmed.
- 1920-1929 Women get vote, Vitamin E discovered, Process for sound motion pictures demonstrated, First birth control clinic in NYC, First television transmission, Lindbergh solo, Disney creates Mickey Mouse, and Market crashes.
- 1930-1939: “Animal Crackers” released, VA created, First woman senator, National anthem adopted, FDR elected, HG Wells predicts approaching war, Night of the Long Knives in Germany, WWII begins and Bolder Dam completed
- 1940-1949 :First successful helicopter flight in US, Attack on Pearl Harbor, WWII, Atom split, Normandy Invasion, Atomic Bomb, First electronic computer, First airplane breaks sound barrier in US, Transistors, and NATO created
- Attendance 90% or above