English as a Second Language (ESL)
Welcome to our ESL Program in Raleigh, North Carolina!
Our program provides English instruction to adult non-native English speaking residents, living and/or working in the United States with a focus on college and career readiness skills. We offer classes at 11 locations throughout Wake County with many learning options including morning, afternoon and evening classes, as well as a distance education and weekend option.
- For students who want to learn English to get a job or go to college
- Classes are good for non-speakers through advanced levels
- Develop college and career readiness skills; including technology, civics and workplace skills through reading, writing, listening and speaking experiences
- For more information: 919-334-1501
Students that test out of ESL and want to improve their academic English in reading, writing, math and technology skills may enroll in ABE classes for:
- Preparation for enrollment in the High School Equivalency Program
- Academic preparation for a college curriculum program
- Getting a job or advancing in a job
Information Sessions about the ABE program are held monthly at the Beltline Education Center.
Information Sessions Dates and Times.
ESL Online - Learn at home on the internet with instructor support
- For intermediate to advanced level ESL students
- Learn the Naturalization process and Citizenship exam content
- For more information: 919-334-1509