Pathfinder Career Exploration Program
The Pathfinder Career Exploration program is designed for adults with disabilities and those who struggle academically who want to further their education and prepare for the workplace. Students should have a high level of independence and be focused on transitioning to the workplace. Documentation of a disability is not required.
Individuals must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have finished high school (no diploma required)
- Obtain a valid score on the CASAS test
Preparing for the workplace
Pathfinder students will complete all of the following employment-focused cohorts over a two-year period:
- Horticulture and landscaping
- Health care
- Animal care/pet retail
- Business/customer service
- Food service/culinary
Academic life skills will also be included.
Classes are held Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
New students are registered to a class at the beginning of each quarter, depending on class availability.
The following tuition-based Career Pathways are also offered through a partnership with Wake Tech Workforce Continuing Education:
- Hospitality – students can earn up to four nationally recognized credentials.
- Barista & Café Training – hands-on training in partnership with a local coffee shop. Students can earn a nationally recognized credential.
Students interested in attending the Pathfinder program must attend an online information session. If you would like to attend the next virtual information session, contact Julia Tennant at [email protected] or 919-334-1545.
Websites to check
Below is a list of websites that you might find helpful while class is not in session.
- Free Online Games
- GCF Global
- Coolmath Games
- Learning Games for Kids
- Mr. Nussbaum Learning + Fun
- Free Typing Games
- Career One Stop