Adult Basic Education Transitional Opportunities for Post-Secondary Success (ABE TOPS)
ABE TOPS is designed for adult students who have an intellectual disability or those who need continued support in functional academics. It is ideal for students who want to achieve a higher level of independence by focusing on academic, social, vocational and life skills needed to fulfill their goals.
Improve your Academics
Classes are taught from the following content standards using contextualized teaching practices:
- Vocational Education
- Life Skills
Training for a Career
Career Pathways classes are offered through a partnership with Wake Tech Workforce Continuing Education. These pathways give students the necessary skills to gain competitive employment.
Career Pathways Offered
- Hospitality & Tourism (Formerly known as the START Hospitality Program) - an intensive course where students have the opportunity to earn up to 5 nationally recognized certificates. This class will begin September 25, 2017
- Pet Retail and Beyond - Spring 2018
- Landscaping - Spring 2018
- Housekeeping & Beyond - Spring 2018
Contact Julia Tennant at 919-334-1545 or [email protected] for more information about career pathways.
Get started with ABE TOPS
Attend an information session held on the first Wednesday of each month at 4:30pm at the Beltline Center located at 3200 Bush Street, Raleigh NC 27609
For more information
Contact Julia Tennant at 919-334-1545 or [email protected]
- 2nd quarter: April 9 – June 14, 2018
- 3rd quarter: July 9 – August 30, 2018
- 4th quarter: Sept 17 – December 13, 2018
Days Off: May 28, Aug 23, Nov 12, 21 & 22