Pathfinder Career Exploration Program (Formerly ABE TOPS)
The Pathfinder Career Exploration Program is designed for adults with disabilities and those who struggle academically, who want to further their education and prepare for the workplace. Students should have a high level of independence, and be focused on transitioning to the workplace. Documentation of a disability is not required.
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be finished with high school. A diploma is not required
- Obtain a valid score on the CASAS test
Preparing for the Workplace
Pathfinder students will complete all of the following employment-focused cohorts over a 2 year period:
- Horticulture & Landscaping
- Animal Care/Pet Retail
- Business/Customer Service
- Food Service/Culinary
Academic Life Skills will also be included.
Classes are held M-TH, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
New students are registered to a class at the beginning of each quarter, depending on class availability.
Career Pathways are also offered through a partnership with Wake Tech Workforce Continuing Education. We currently offer the following tuition-based Career Pathways:
- Hospitality - students can earn up to 4 nationally recognized credentials.
- Barista & Café Training - hands-on training in partnership with a local coffee shop. Students can earn a nationally recognized credential - Guest Services Gold
Students who are interested in attending the Pathfinder program must come to an information session at The Beltline Education Center, located at 3200 Bush Street, Raleigh, NC 27609.
**** All information sessions at the BEC are canceled due to COVID19. Please contact Julia Tennant at [email protected] to be added to the list to attend a virtual session this fall. You will be contacted once a date has been determined for the virtual session. ****
Information Sessions are held on the following dates at 4:30 pm. Reservations are not required.
For more information, contact Julia Tennant at 919-334-1545 or [email protected]
- 3rd Quarter: July 27, 2020 - September 3, 2020 (online classes only)
- 4th Quarter: September 14, 2020 - December 10, 2020 (plan for online classes only)
- June 29-July 23, 2020
- September 7-10, 2020
- November 11, 2020
- November 25-26, 2020
Websites To Check Out
Below is a list of websites that you might find helpful while class is not in session.