Career Readiness Certificate (CRC)
Wake Tech offers the National Career Readiness Certificate (CRC), which confirms an individual’s workplace competency skills in three core areas: Applied Math, Graphic Literacy and Workplace Documents. The CRC, through the ACT WorkKeys® system, provides a national standardized measurement to compare employees and job applicants with established profiles. Wake Tech uses the Internet-based KeyTrain® software training system to prepare individuals for success when taking the WorkKeys® assessments.
National Career Readiness Certificate Skill Levels
Test results from assessments are used to award certificates in three categories:
- Platinum Level: Score of at least Level 6 in all three core areas, which demonstrates the necessary skills for 99% of the jobs in the WorkKeys® database.
- Gold Level: Score of at least Level 5 in all three core areas, which demonstrates the necessary skills for 90% of the jobs in the WorkKeys® database.
- Silver Level: Score of at least Level 4 in all three core areas, which demonstrates the necessary skills for 65% of the jobs in the WorkKeys® database.
- Bronze Level: Score of at least Level 3 in all three core areas, which demonstrates the necessary skills for 35% of the jobs in the WorkKeys® database.
CRC Preparation Class
Wake Tech offers the CRC preparation class (Employability Skills Lab) at various campuses throughout Wake County. Individuals may qualify for a tuition waiver under the HRD Tuition and Fee Waiver Guidelines.
**To reserve a seat for the preparation class, click here to select an Employability Skills Lab from the schedule below.**
The cost for the assessments are as follows:
- $12 per assessment (single test or retest) for the following tests: ACT WorkKeys Applied Math, ACT WorkKeys Graphic Literacy, and ACT WorkKeys Workplace Documents.
- $36 for the full set of CRC assessments: ACT WorkKeys Applied Math, ACT WorkKeys Graphic Literacy, and ACT WorkKeys Workplace Documents.
- $20 for all other WorkKeys assessment tests
Not all students will be required to pay for their test fees. Some Wake Tech programs and Employers cover the CRC test fees. Please check with your referring instructor or Employer if you feel this is the case.
If you are required to pay for your own test fees, it should be done prior to testing. Click here to download a testing fee form which can be processed at any Wake Tech campus by the cashier. Costs include certificate signed by our Governor and registration in the North Carolina CRC database.
The test is administered in English. Non-native speakers are allowed to use a word-to-word, native tongue-to-English dictionary.
For additional information go to:
Employability Skills Labs
Click on a course title in the schedule below to view more information about the class.