Service Industry Training
Course Details & Registration Information
- • Learn the basic steps to dog grooming and proper dog hygiene.
• Learn basic anatomy of a dog, including proper movement of the joints that require moving an animal’s leg, tail, etc.
• Know basic dog psychology, understand dog actions and behaviors.
• Recognize the different breeds of dogs, their coats and recommended cuts.
• Recognize any parasite infestations, and common skin diseases.
• Know the common tools, danger zones and types of trims.
• Maintain a safe work environment and learn how to communicate with pet parents.
• Practice bathing, brushing and drying of dogs.
- Intro to class.
Canine anatomy: skeletal, body parts
Canine psychology, safe procedures.
Common external and internal parasites
- Preventing, identifying common infestations and skin diseases.
Common grooming products used in a professional environment
Proper use of common tools, care of tools.
- Safety and sanitation
Basic pet handling
Structure of a Mat
- Different breeds of dogs, their coats and their recommended grooming.
Types of trims for head, feet, body, ears and tails.
Bathing and Drying Skills
Brushing and Combing Skills
- Pre-assessment: nails, feet, ears, tail
Hair versus Fur. Knowing the difference, how to groom
- Hands on Practice: bathing, brushing, drying: nails, ears and sanitary trim
- Hands on Practice: Field Exam
Tools that will need to be acquired by student: Miracle Coat Slicker Brush, Greyhound comb, Nail Trimmers, Grooming Scissors
- Attendance 90% or above
- Professional Dog Bathing - ANS-3100A2
- Become a Professional Dog Trainer - ANS-3500B3