A. You must at least eighteen years old and affiliated with a fire department.
B. Provide an H.S. student or underage letter from your principal. The document must be for the current Wake Technical Community College semester. A new letter is required for each new college semester. (See the attached template)
C. A letter from your department Chief and/or training officer saying you are eligible to participate.
D. What must be included in the letter from my principal? (See The Underage Letter Template)
E. Whose semester must the letter be from, the High Schools or the Colleges?
To receive an official copy of your transcript you need to request it through Wake Tech’s Workforce Continuing Education Registrar.
NC OSFM will not accept a transcript for any course(s) in lieu of notification from the college or delivery agency for certification.
WTCC protocol does not permit our office to send a screen shot or unofficial copy of your transcript.
It can take as long as (90) days for the class to show up on OSFM’s “print transcript” web site.
If it has been longer than (90) days please contact Allison R. Norris ([email protected]) by email to request she send notification to NC OSFM that you’ve completed the listed/required course(s).
Include the following:
a. Title of the Class i.e., Hazardous Material Technician (FIP4901A4)
b. Date you completed the class
c. Your full name & DOB
d. The last 4 digits of your SSN
- US Fire Administration – https://www.usfa.fema.gov/
- International Association of Fire Service Instructors – http://client.prod.iaff.org/
- FF Fatality and Investigation Program – http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/fire/
- International Association of FF – http://client.prod.iaff.org/
- International Association of Fire Chiefs – http://www.iafc.org/
- National Fire Protection Association – http://www.nfpa.org/
- NCOSFM http://www.ncdoi.com/osfm/
- DOI Special School Offerings – http://www.ncdoi.com/OSFM/Fire_Rescue_Training/
- NCSFA Calendar – http://www.firecalendar.com/List.php
- View and Print Certification Summary – http://www.ncdoi.com/OSFM/Fire_Rescue_Commission/apps/Student_Transcript.aspx
- NC State Firemen’s Association http://www.ncsfa.com/
- NC Association Fire Chief’s – http://www.ncafc.com/
- NC Fire Marshal’s Association – http://www.ncfma.com/
- NC Society of Fire Rescue Service Instructors – http://www.ncsfri.org/
NC Regional Fire Academies:
- A-B Tech CC: https://www.abtech.edu/curriculum-breakouts/emergency-services/fire-services/fire-protection-technology-aas
- Cape Fear CC: http://cfcc.edu/publicsafety/fire-rescue-emergency-management/
- Carteret CC: http://www.carteret.edu
- Central Carolina CC: http://www.cccc.edu/ecd/departments/emergencyservices/fire.php
- Cleveland CC: http://www.cccfiretraining.com/
- Durham Tech CC: https://www.durhamtech.edu/academic-programs/fire-protection-technology
- Johnston CC: http://www.johnstoncc.edu/programs/public-service/fire-programs/
- Gaston CC: http://www.gaston.edu/economic-workforce-development/public-safety-non-credit/restc/
- Wilson CC: https://www.wilsoncc.edu/continuing-education/fire-and-rescue/
- Wake County Fire Services: https://www.waketech.edu/programs-courses/non-credit/enhance-your-career/public-safety/fire-services
- Apex FD – http://www.apexnc.org/262/Fire-Department
- Bayleaf FD – http://www.bayleaffire.com/
- Cary FD – http://www.townofcary.org/departments/fire.htm
- Durham HWY FD – http://www.dhfd.org/
- Eastern Wake FD
- Fairview FD – http://www.fairviewfd.com
- Fuquay-Varina FD – http://www.fuquay-varina.org/207/Fire-Department
- Garner FD – http://garnerfire.com/
- Hopkins FD – Find on Facebook
- Holly Springs FD – http://www.hollyspringsnc.us/index.aspx?nid=191
- Knightdale FD – https://www.knightdalenc.gov/departments/fire
- Morrisville FD – http://www.townofmorrisville.org/government/departments-services/fire
- RDU FD – http://www.rdu.com/authority/emergencyservices.html
- Raleigh FD – http://www.raleighnc.gov/safety/content/Departments/Articles/Fire.html
- Rolesville FD – [email protected]
- Swift Creek FD – http://www.swiftcreekfire.com/
- Stony Hill FD – http://stonyhillfire.org/
- Wake County Fire Services – http://www.wakegov.com/FIRE/Pages/default.aspx
- Wake Forest FD – http://www.wakeforestfire.com/
- Wake New Hope FD – http://www.wakenewhopefire.com/
- Western Wake FD
- Zebulon FD – https://www.townofzebulon.org/services/fire-department