Firefighter Training Resources
How do I reserve a spot in a class at the Wake County Fire Training Center?
Register through Wake County Fire Training's online calendar to register.
If you need assistance navigating the Wake County Fire Training calendar, email [email protected] or [email protected].
How do I participate in the Essentials School?
You must at least 18 years old and affiliated with a fire department.
You must provide a high school student or underage letter from your principal. The document must be for the current Wake Tech semester, and a new letter is required for each new college semester.
You must also provide a letter from your department chief and/or training officer saying you are eligible to participate.
To receive an official copy of your transcript, request it through Wake Tech's Workforce Continuing Education Registrar.
The Office of the State Fire Marshal will not accept a transcript for any course(s) in lieu of notification from the college or delivery agency for certification.
Wake Tech protocol does not permit our office to send a screenshot or unofficial copy of your transcript.
Why is my certification not showing up on NCOSFM Transcript Summary?
It can take as long as 90 days for the class to show up on the Office of the State Fire Marshal's "print transcript" website.
If it has been longer than 90 days, email Allison Norris at [email protected] to request she send notification to the state office that you've completed the listed/required course(s).
Include the following:
- Title of the class (e.g., Hazardous Material Technician [FIP4901A4])
- Date you completed the class
- Your full name and date of birth
- The last four digits of your Social Security number
Fire service links
- U.S. Fire Administration
- International Association of Fire Service Instructors
- Firefighter Fatality and Investigation Program
- International Association of Firefighters
- International Association of Fire Chiefs
- National Fire Protection Association
- Office of State Fire Marshal
- Fire and rescue training
- N.C. State Firefighters Association
- N.C. Association Fire Chiefs
- N.C. Fire Marshals' Association
- N.C. Society of Fire Rescue Instructors
Area fire departments
- Apex Fire Department
- Cary Fire Department
- Durham Highway Fire Department
- Fairview Rural Fire Department
- Fuquay-Varina Fire Department
- Garner Fire Department
- Holly Springs Fire Department
- Knightdale Fire Department
- Morrisville Fire and Rescue Department
- Northern Wake Fire Department
- Raleigh Fire Department
- Raleigh-Durham International Airport Fire and Rescue
- Rolesville Fire Department
- Swift Creek Fire Department
- Wake County Fire Services
- Wake Forest Fire Department
- Wake New Hope Fire Department
- Western Wake Fire and Rescue
- Zebulon Fire Department
ConnectWake Tech eNews
Wake Tech Podcast
Wake Tech Mobile App