Non-Credit Online Learning
Wake Tech offers training in a variety of online and hybrid formats. Hybrid courses are those with some in-person instruction in a classroom some with online instruction. We also offer partner with several online educational partners who have large catalogs of online training programs.
- Upon successfully completion of this course, participants will be able to perform the skills necessary to develop a program of activities, in accordance with federal and state regulations, the interests and the physical, mental and psychological well-being of each resident in long term care. Participants are qualified to work in a nursing facility as an Activity Coordinator/Director in a Senior Facility.
- • Overview of the Activity Professional (Historical Background, Agencies, and Institutions, The Activity Professional, Regulations
• Human Development (Introduction, Physical Changes in Body Appearance and Composition, the Impact of Illness and Dysfunction on Normal Aging Medications and
• The Elderly, Universal Needs of the Elderly, Human Development and Aging, The Spirituality of Aging, Psychosocial Needs of the Elderly
• Standards of Practice(Code of Ethics, Personal Health Management, Personal Characteristics, Professional Standards, Professional Attitude Towards Residents, Right to Life- Right to
• Communications with Residents and Staff,
• Activity Care Planning for Quality of Life (Frame of Reference for Care Planning, Documentation,
• Methods of Service Delivery in the Activity Profession (Resident, Program Scope, Adaptations
- Attendance 90% or above
- Class & field trip participations are very important part of the class.
- Activity Planners
- Activity Coordinator
- Activity Supervisor
Get the career-focused education you need to succeed! Wake Tech has partnered with Career Step to offer online training programs including Medical Coding and Billing, Medical Transcription and Editing, Medical Administrative Assistant with EHR, and Pharmacy Technician.
Short Personal Development Online Courses
Over 350 online courses that cover a wide variety of categories. These high-quality courses are taught by industry experts and deliver specific skills and knowledge that help to advance student personal or professional development. Fundamentals courses start new each month or start anytime with a self-paced course. Categories include business, computer skills, medical, soft skills, language, personal development, teaching, writing, and more!
Online Career Training Courses
Over 180 online career training courses, teaching to the fastest growing, in-demand skills. All courses are taught by experienced subject matter experts and designed to provide training needed for entry or advancement in career opportunities. Many courses prepare students for industry-recognized certifications and a growing number of them include the cost of those certification tests. Financial assistance through programs such as WIOA or MyCAA – Free Career Training for Military Spouses may be available. Categories include healthcare, skilled trades, business, software, IT, management, design hospitality, and more!
ProTrain is the global leader in educational services. Courses include IT training and certifications, accounting and financial services education, programming and web design development, and green and renewable energy instruction. Here you can find affordable, self-paced, online certificate programs that can train you for the latest, in-demand job skills.
UGotClass online certificates and courses are provided by the Learning Resources Network (LERN), the largest continuing education association in the world, serving more than 1,000 colleges, universities and schools. Online courses are taught by leading practitioners and teachers, with audio presentations from the teacher and interaction with other participants and the teacher. We offer certificates, CEUs, ILUs, and some courses even have optional graduate credit. Courses focus on “Skills for the 21st Century” ©.