Non-Credit Online Learning
Wake Tech offers training in a variety of online and hybrid formats. Hybrid courses are those with some in-person instruction in a classroom some with online instruction. We also offer partner with several online educational partners who have large catalogs of online training programs.
- be able to explain why companies use Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and how they work to screen out resumes.
- be able to execute several methods to determine appropriate keywords for their resume.
- be able to apply proper formatting tips for electronic resumes.
- be able to compare the impact of different resume file formats.
- be able to identify next steps in revising their resume.
- Why do you need an ATS friendly resume?
- Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS)
- Resume Formatting
- File Formats
- Next Steps to Take
- Attendance 90% or above
- Craft a Resume That Generates Employer Interest - HRD-3001BZ2
- Resume Style and Organization - HRD-3003AV2
- Career Transitions Forum: Lecture Series for Business Professionals - HRD-3006X2
- Resume to the Interview and the Steps In-Between - HRD-3001BD2
- Beyond the Resume - HRD-3003V2
Get the career-focused education you need to succeed! Wake Tech has partnered with Career Step to offer online training programs including Medical Coding and Billing, Medical Transcription and Editing, Medical Administrative Assistant with EHR, and Pharmacy Technician.
Short Personal Development Online Courses
Over 350 online courses that cover a wide variety of categories. These high-quality courses are taught by industry experts and deliver specific skills and knowledge that help to advance student personal or professional development. Fundamentals courses start new each month or start anytime with a self-paced course. Categories include business, computer skills, medical, soft skills, language, personal development, teaching, writing, and more!
Online Career Training Courses
Over 180 online career training courses, teaching to the fastest growing, in-demand skills. All courses are taught by experienced subject matter experts and designed to provide training needed for entry or advancement in career opportunities. Many courses prepare students for industry-recognized certifications and a growing number of them include the cost of those certification tests. Financial assistance through programs such as WIOA or MyCAA – Free Career Training for Military Spouses may be available. Categories include healthcare, skilled trades, business, software, IT, management, design hospitality, and more!
ProTrain is the global leader in educational services. Courses include IT training and certifications, accounting and financial services education, programming and web design development, and green and renewable energy instruction. Here you can find affordable, self-paced, online certificate programs that can train you for the latest, in-demand job skills.
UGotClass online certificates and courses are provided by the Learning Resources Network (LERN), the largest continuing education association in the world, serving more than 1,000 colleges, universities and schools. Online courses are taught by leading practitioners and teachers, with audio presentations from the teacher and interaction with other participants and the teacher. We offer certificates, CEUs, ILUs, and some courses even have optional graduate credit. Courses focus on “Skills for the 21st Century” ©.