Nurse Aide I Requirements
Advanced English language skills
Access to a computer with internet service and the ability to access and use Moodle
Students will need to use Chrome or Firefox web browsers to access Moodle, as Internet Explorer is not supported.
Before or after you register for your Nurse Aide class, submit and pay for your criminal background check, drug test and medical documentation manager with CastleBranch ($112.00)
Select: Nurse Aide
Order Package Code: WM83
Once your account is set up with CastleBranch, they will send you a message explaining where you need to submit your urine sample a minimum of 30 days before your class goes to clinical.
The Following Clinical Paperwork Copies Must Be Uploaded To CastleBranch (other than noted below) Prior To The Clinical Paperwork Deadline For Your Class:
(Copy given to instructor) A valid Social Security non-laminated card with signature
(Copy given to instructor) A second official signature bearing US government issued ID with the name matching the Social Security Card
Flu shot for classes with clinical dates between October 15 and April 30
American Heart Association Basic Life Support CPR for HCP certification
A copy of your Wake Tech photo ID
A completed physical using our Health Sciences Student Medical Form (This form can be downloaded and printed from CastleBranch). You will fill out part of this form and your doctor will fill out the rest of the form.
Proof of immunizations:
Nurse Aide I Costs
- Tuition: The 2020 registration fee is $250.This includes tuition fee, malpractice and accidental insurance fees, lab supply fee, and a Campus Access Fee that includes your parking decal.
- The criminal background check, drug test and medical documentation manager $112.00 need to be submitted and paid to CastleBranch before or after you register for your Nurse Aide class. CastleBranch will tell you where to submit your urine sample a minimum of 30 days before your class goes to clinical. https://portal.castlebranch.com/WL15
- The Parking Decal Fee is now included in your tuition in the Campus Access Fee. You can obtain your parking decal and Wake Tech ID before or on the first day of class.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support CPR for HCP Certification is required. Wake Technical Community College offers this CPR certification for $75. (See Wake Tech’s CPR class schedule)
- Physical using our health form and immunizations: Price will vary based on doctor fees and insurance. Please see the clinical paperwork deadline for your class and allow enough time if you need immunizations.
- Uniform: Price will vary depending on the place of purchase. Dark navy blue plain scrubs and closed toe, closed heel black non-canvas shoes and black ankle socks are required for clinical (black sneakers are accepted). You will need to wear scrubs for clinical and dress modestly for class and lab.
- Other costs: Stethoscope and a watch with a second-hand.
- NNAAP: $120 (effective 10/1/18) State competency exam, taken after the NAI class. (Please register at pearsonvue.com)
Registration if Under 18 Years Old
It is recommended by the NC Board of Nursing and the NC Division of Health Service Regulation that students must be at least 16 1/2 years old to register for a Nurse Aide I class. Students under 18 years old are not eligible to register and pay for a Nurse Aide class online. Please contact Mary Frucelli at [email protected] or 919-532-5844 for information about how to register.
Registration with a Scholarship or Sponsorship
If you have been awarded a scholarship or sponsorship to fund the registration cost of your Nurse Aide I class, please contact Stephanie Johnson, Career Pathways Coach at [email protected] or 919-532-5644.
Class Withdrawal/Transfer Policy
Students may withdraw and receive:
- A 100% refund if the student officially withdraws from the class (by written request) before the first class meeting.
- A 75% refund if the student officially withdraws from the class (by written request) on or before the 10-percent date of scheduled hours. Community school, facility, and lab fees are non-refundable.
- A full refund for classes canceled by the college. Students do not have to request these refunds.
Transfers depend on space in the new class and both classes cannot be past their census (10%) date. In order to transfer to another section, the student must email:
Your full name, Wake Tech ID#, section number of the class, phone number and mailing address to:
Mary Frucelli at [email protected]
Our class schedules are now on the following web page.
Please search for Nurse Aide.