Multiple sections of the Three-Wheeled Motorcycle Training class are available.
If you opt to train on a personally-owned trike, please email Courtney Boney at [email protected] for dates, cost, and registration procedures.
If you opt to train on a Can-Am trike, you can register through the Can-Am portal (select North Carolina as the state and Raleigh as the location).
Can-Am Portal link
Three Wheel Motorcycle Basic Motorcycle Rider CourseCSP-4000JD2
Need to enhance your 3-wheel motorcycle riding skills? This is a basic, entry-level, learn-to-ride 3-wheel motorcycle training and education course. It provides the same fundamental skills as the MSF Basic RiderCourse, but on 3-wheel, 3-track motorcycles (not sidecars). Ride...
Three-Wheeled Motorcycle Rider - additional course details
Course meeting location:
- Southern Wake Campus, Howell Library Building, room 11 (map)
Course Cost & Registration Options
- $250 for those who opt to train on a personally-owned trike. If you would like to train on your own trike, please email Courtney Boney
- $99 promotional rate through the Can-Am portal for those who opt to train on a Can-Am trike. Click here to register through the Can-Am portal (select North Carolina as the state and Raleigh as the location).
- Students must be at least 16 years old
- Students under 18 must have a signed waiver form from parent or guardian.
What to Bring
- Your personal DOT-Approved helmet (some loaner helmets are available)
- Eye protection, such as sunglasses
- Long-sleeved shirt and denim or other heavy material pants should be worn. Sleeves must be kept down at all times, per Motorcycle Safety Foundation rules.
- Over the ankle boots
- Full-finger gloves
- Rain gear (if needed). Class is held rain or shine.
- Food and non-alcoholic beverages are allowed on the motorcycle range.
- If you registered and paid via the Can-Am portal please contact Can-Am 48 hours prior to the class date at 855-226-2646 to rescheduled. Can-Am portal has a "NO Refund" policy.
- For students who DID NO register via the Can-Am portal, but with Wake Tech: If you find that you are unable to attend your assigned class, we may be able to transfer you to the next available class in the current schedule or issue a refund. Requests for transfer/refund must be made in writing. NO REFUNDS AFTER THE CLASS BEGINS.
- Our certified rider/coaches are authorized to remove anyone from the course who might pose a danger to themselves or others. We do not anticipate this happening. Additionally, no visitors are allowed on the range. Please do not invite anyone to come and watch, especially minors.