- AAS - Associate in Applied Science
About The Program
The Medical Office Professional curriculum prepares individuals for employment as medical administrative office personnel (AAS degree). Students develop skills in medical office procedures and tasks, along with medical terminology, keyboarding, editing and formatting, office software applications, office computations, records management, medical insurance and billing, medical legal and ethical issues, electronic health records, oral and written communication, critical thinking, team building, and problem solving. The degree is available online.
Students are eligible to take industry-recognized certification exams.
- CCS – Certified Coding Specialist
- CEHRS – Electronic Health Record Specialist
- CMAA – Certified Medical Administrative Assistant
- CMRS - Certified Medical Reimbursement Specialist
- CPB – Certified Professional Billing
- CPBS – Billing and Coding Specialist
- CPC – Certified Professional Coder
- CPMA – Certified Professional Medical Auditor
- MOS – Microsoft Office
Medical office job opportunities include a variety of positions in medical offices, hospitals, insurance companies, laboratories, medical supply companies, research facilities, and other healthcare organizations.
High School Articulation (Receive credit for high school courses)
University Transfer Options (Look for NC Wesleyan)
Career and College Promise (Work on a Wake Tech certificate while in high school)