Easy Caprese Salad
Caprese Salad Three Ways
Caprese salad is a simple Italian salad, made of sliced fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, and green basil, seasoned with salt and olive oil. It is made to resemble the colors of the Italian flag: red, white, and green.
- Cherry or grape tomatoes
- Mozzarella balls
- Basil leaves
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash tomatoes and drain.
- Separate mozzarella balls into individual pieces.
- Pick through basil for the smallest leaves.
- Assemble skewers: tomato, basil leaf, mozzarella ball, basil leaf, another tomato.
- Arrange skewers on platter.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.