Early Voting is Open!
RALEIGH, NC (October 17, 2018) – Early voting for the general election has opened at Wake Tech’s Southern Wake Campus. Wake Tech is one of nine early voting sites in Wake County. Early voting takes place in Building N (Physical Education Building), Room 118. Please see the schedule below:
- Wednesday, October 17 – Friday, October 19, 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, October 20, 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Sunday, October 21, 1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Monday, October 22 – Friday, October 26, 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, October 27, 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Sunday, October 28, 1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Monday, October 29 – Friday, November 2, 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, November 3, 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
The ballot features the Wake Tech bond referendum, which will provide $349 million to enable the college to train more health care workers, first responders, automotive technicians, and IT professionals. It will also provide infrastructure upgrades for safety and security college-wide. The Wake Tech bond is at the end of the ballot.
The tax implication of the Wake Tech bond is $11.50 per $100,000 of assessed property value, or about $34 per year for the average homeowner. NC State economist Mike Walden estimates that the activities of Wake Tech, its employees, students, and graduates adds more than $3 billion to the local economy annually. Learn more at bond.waketech.edu.
New voters may register and vote at Wake Tech’s early voting site. College students may register and vote in the county/state of their home address or where they are attending college. More information for college students can be found here.
For general questions, visit the Wake County Board of Elections website or call at 919-856-6240.