College Recognizes Student, Faculty and Staff Excellence
RALEIGH, N.C. (April 27, 2023) – Wake Tech is pleased to announce the faculty, staff and students who received the college's Excellence Awards this year.
More than 20 faculty and staff members were recognized for their service and dedication. Nine students received Academic Excellence awards. The Excellence Awards are sponsored annually by the Wake Tech Foundation, which receives and administers private funds for scholarships and college programs.
Award recipients were treated to a special dinner and videos recognizing their accomplishments. Wake Tech President Dr. Scott Ralls thanked everyone for their hard work and dedication to the college. All recipients received a plaque to display and a cash award.
Nine students received Academic Excellence Awards:
- Rachel Magee, Biotechnology
- Christopher Dickerson, Business and Public Services Technologies
- Bradley Willson, Health Sciences
- Catarina Pottle, Information and Digital Technology
- Rylie Sultzbach, Liberal Arts
- Camila Beatriz Méndez Jiménez, Mathematics and Sciences
- Dixita H. Patel, Nursing
- Michelle Leigh Sawyer, Public Safety Education and Training
- JeanLuc B. Cook, Transportation Technologies
Nine faculty members received the Excellence in Teaching Award:
- Andreas Winston, Building, Engineering and Skilled Technologies
- Angela Barbour, Business and Public Services Technologies
- Delia Lofton, Health Sciences
- Jeff Banham, Information and Digital Technology
- Dennis Porch, Liberal Arts
- Erin Doughney, Mathematics and Sciences
- Amanda Lewis, Nursing
- C. Ruby Hawley, Transportation Technologies
- Karin Simpson, Workforce Continuing Education
Six adjunct faculty members received the Excellence in Adjunct Teaching Award:
- Kelly Kieffer, Business and Public Service Technologies
- Chenita Rountree, Health Sciences
- William Strickland, Information and Digital Technology
- Dr. Jennifer Butterworth, Liberal Arts
- Michael Tucker, Public Safety Education and Training
- Julia Càceres, Workforce Continuing Education
Bob Minteer, of Information Technology Services, received the Excellence in Executive Leadership Award, while four other staff members received Excellence in Leadership Awards:
- Elvin James, Enrollment and Student Services
- Faith Palmer, Workforce Continuing Education
- Kay Ruth, Effectiveness and Innovation
- Gabriela Truelove, Communications and Marketing
Three staff members received Excellence in Service Awards:
- Eliane Hernandez Acosta, Enrollment and Student Services
- Anthony Garnes, Enrollment and Student Services
- Wes Harlow, Human Resources
Angela Barbour was named Wake Tech's Instructor of the Year, and Kay Ruth was named Staff Member of the Year. They will represent Wake Tech at the statewide North Carolina Community College System Excellence Competition.
Chenita Rountree was the Adjunct Teacher of the Year. Brad Willson, who will graduate in May with an Associate in Applied Science degree in Electroneurodiagnostic Technology, was named the Dwight O. Ryan Outstanding Student of the Year.
Dr. Rick Fish, a long-time volunteer tutor with Wake Tech's College Career Readiness program, who passed away in March, received the Volunteer of the Year Award. Regina Huggins, who served as Wake Tech's Dean of Financial Aid for 18 years, was awarded the President's Lifetime Achievement Award posthumously in recognition of her meritorious service to Wake Tech and the State of North Carolina.