NC Longleaf Commitment Grant
NC Longleaf Commitment Grant for 2020, 2021 and 2022 high school graduates
Eligible North Carolina high school graduates may receive state grant funds to cover expenses toward an associate degree or transfer credits. Students of any age who completed an adult high school diploma or GED during the 2020, 2021 or 2022 calendar year may also qualify.
Students can receive between $700 and $2,800 per academic year for two years. The amount will depend on family income, as established by the Free Application for Federal Student aid, or FAFSA. Most students with family income up to $90,000 will be eligible; part-time students may receive partial awards.
Grant funds are available for the 2021-22 and 2022-23 academic years.
To receive Longleaf Commitment Grant funds, a student must be
- A North Carolina resident
- A 2020, 2021 or 2022 North Carolina high school graduate. High school equivalency completers (GED, HiSET) are eligible.
- A first-time college student. Career & College Promise and Early/Middle College High School students are eligible.
- Enrolled in a curriculum program for the 2021-2022 academic year
- Taking at least six credit hours per semester. Part-time eligible students will receive a partial award.
- A student who has completed the 2021-2022 FAFSA, with a resulting Expected Family Contribution between $0 and $15,000
NOTE: Students do not need to complete the 2022-2023 FAFSA to receive the grant for this calendar year.
To be awarded a grant for the following academic year, all you have to do is:
- Renew your FAFSA for the 2022-2023 school year
- Meet the Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements of your college
How to get started
The process to determine eligibility is easy and does not require a separate application!
- Apply for admission to Wake Tech and complete residency determination through the North Carolina Residency Determination Service.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Wake Tech’s school code is 004844. Consideration for funding is automatic once the FAFSA is completed.
Eligible students will be notified of grant awards from Wake Tech's Financial Aid Office.