Make an Appointment
- Wake Tech administers the North Carolina Diagnostic and Placement Test (NCDAP). Please note the NCDAP ACCUPLACER test was specifically created for the North Carolina Community College System. The NCDAP ACCUPLACER does not transfer outside of North Carolina.(NCDAP).
- The WritePlacer Essay has a two hour time limit, and the remainder of the test is untimed. The average time to complete the entire test is 3 hours and 20 minutes. You are allowed four hours to complete the test. If you do not complete the test you will be able to schedule an additional appointment to return and complete the test.
- This test consists of four parts: WritePlacer, Reading, Revising/Editing, and Math
- Review Sample Questions
- Be sure to review prior to testing.
- Arrive 30 minutes early to allowing for parking.
- No handheld calculators are allowed. A calculator is built into the test.
- No children are allowed in the testing center.
- When you register for a test session you are reserving a computer. We will determine which sections of the test you need when you arrive for your appointment.