Welcome to Career and College Promise!
Earn college credit, tuition-free, while in high school! Wake Tech’s Career and College Promise (CCP) program offers eligible high school students the opportunity to earn a credential for employment or credits toward a college degree. In many cases, students can also earn dual credit - meeting high school graduation requirements with college courses.
- Apply Now for the Fall 2021 Term!!! We encourage all students to submit their CCP Application Form (New Students Only) and/or EV Forms (New and Continuing Students) for Fall Enrollment at this time. The Self-Registration Deadline for the 2021 Fall Term is July 23, 2021.
- CCP Weekly Tip: Schedule a Virtual Check My Status Appointment (for students who have not been admitted) or CCP Virtual Advising Appointment (for students who have been accepted/enrolled) today! For more information about virtual appointments, visit the Admissions and Advising page.
Upcoming Dates, Deadlines, & Events (*Subject to change)
|Last day to withdraw with "W" grade (1st 8 Week Session)||June 22|
|Last day to withdraw with "W" grade (10 Week Term)||June 30|
|Last day to withdraw with "W" grade (2nd 8 Week Session)||July 7|
|CCP Self-Registration Deadline (Fall)||July 23|
Enrolling in CCP...How to Get Started!
Why Choose Career and College Promise?
Benefits of Career and College Promise
- Opportunity to explore over 40 academic programs while being dually enrolled in high school, allowing students to receive both high school and college credit.
- Saves students and parents money on college tuition (CCP classes are tuition free!) and lightens the course load for future college enrollment.
- Assists with admission into future college of choice - demonstrates college readiness and rigor.
- Introduces the "college experience" to students.
- Provides a jumpstart to career plans, job training, skills and certifications.
Wake Tech and the Career and College Promise program, individually and jointly, have displayed tremendous growth and success.
Wake Tech Fun Facts
- Wake Tech is the largest community college in North Carolina, serving over 70,000 students
- Wake Tech is ranked as the #1 Online Community College in the nation
- Wake Tech's average class size is 21:1
- 90% of Wake Tech Associate Degree graduates are either employed or still enrolled in higher education in NC after one year
Career and College Promise at Wake Tech
- Enrollment has increased over 800% within the past 8 years
- Since 2014, nearly 30 additional pathways have been added
- The average GPA for the Spring 2021 Semester was 3.27
- Nearly 50% of participating seniors become regular Wake Tech students after graduating high school