Welcome to Career and College Promise
Earn college credit, tuition-free, while in high school! Wake Tech’s Career and College Promise (CCP) program offers eligible high school students the opportunity to earn a credential for employment or credits toward a college degree.
CCP Enrollment for Spring 2021 is Underway!
- New Students: The first step to enroll in CCP is to complete a mandatory Information Session. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Information Session is being offered online. Students will be able to access the CCP application form link and printable enrollment documents at the conclusion of the session. The CCP Application Form is no longer available for 2021 Spring Enrollment. Students who submitted a 2021 Spring CCP Application Form prior to the deadline are still eligible for enrollment.
CCP New Student Enrollment Checklist
- Continuing Students: Students who are currently enrolled in the CCP Program will receive their Eligibility Verification (EV) Form within the Self-Service portal within the "Required Documents" section. Before beginning the form, see the Continuing Student Enrollment Checklist below. Students must submit an updated high school transcript with their EV Form. (*Transcripts with a print date between August 17, 2020 to the present day will be acceptable). The Continuing Student EV Form is now available.
CCP Continuing Student Enrollment Checklist
(Current Students Only)
- WCPSS Principal/Designee Emails
Holiday Schedule Update
- As everyone prepares for the upcoming holiday season, please see the following regarding the Thanksgiving and Winter Breaks:
- Thanksgiving Break: CCP operations will cease on Thursday, November 25, 2020 and resume on Monday, November 30, 2020.
- Winter Break: CCP operations will cease on Friday, December 22, 2020 and resume on January 4, 2021.
- Email correspondence AND processing will be inactive during the designated timeframes.
- ATTENTION: Students are advised to complete their enrollment process and register for courses prior to start of Winter Break for priority course selection.
*Deadline & Reminders:
- September 28 - Spring Enrollment Cycle Begins (Mandatory Information Session & Continuing Student EV Form Available)
- October 22 - Spring Schedule Available
- November 2 - CCP Self-Registration Begins
- November 14 - CCP Application Form Deadline
- December 4 - CCP Self-Registration Deadline
- December 14 - CCP Course Selection Form Opens
- December 18 - Course selection form processing will halt and reopen on January 4 due to Winter Break.
- January 7 - First Day of Class (16-week & 1st 8-week Session)
- January 13 - CCP Course Selection Form Deadline
*Updated every Monday
We are currently responding to inquiries and processing the following documents listed below:
|EV Form & Supplemental Documentation Processing||11/23/20|
Three CCP Pathways
CCP offers three pathways, depending on a student’s goals. Each pathway includes specific coursework.
- The Career and Technical Education Pathway (CTE) leads to a credential for employment (certificate or diploma) aligned with a high school career cluster (as well as an associate in applied science degree). Students can participate while attending their high school.
- The College Transfer Pathway (CT) leads to credit hours that count toward a two-year associate’s degree at Wake Tech and align with course requirements at UNC member institutions. Students can participate while attending their high school.
- Cooperative Innovative High School Programs (CIHSP) allow students to begin earning tuition-free college credits by attending an approved Cooperative Innovative High School, a partnership between Wake Technical Community College and Wake County Public School System (WCPSS).
NOTE: A student may be able to enroll in a College Transfer pathway AND a Career and Technical Education pathway OR two Career and Technical Education pathways with high school and Wake Tech approval.