Career Services – available on all Wake Tech campuses – include:
- A career exploration lab (free!)
- Online career assessment, planning tools, and occupational/employment data
- Career Coach, available online under Occupational Data
- Career One Stop videos
- Resume reviews
- Networking tips
- Interview assistance
- Job search strategies
- National: Occupational Outlook Handbook and O*Net https://www.bls.gov/ooh/
- State: North Carolina Bureau of Labor Statistics https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes_nc.htm
- Local: Wake Tech assistance https://www.waketech.edu/student-services/careers-employment
Career Activities and Events at Wake Tech include:
- Open House: Spring events specifically for high school juniors and seniors as well as the community.
- Wake Tech recruiters and program representatives visit high schools and attend community events to share program information.
- College representatives visit Wake Tech throughout the fall and spring to talk with students about transfer options. Dates for visits are posted on the College Calendar.
- Transfer Fairs are held at North Wake Campus in Sept/Oct and at South Wake Campus in early February for students interested in transfer options. College and university representatives talk with students about the transfer requirements for specific institutions.
- Transfer Tour is held every fall. Community college representatives talk with students about transferring to a community college.
- Career Fairs for Wake Tech students and graduates who want to investigate employment options. BEST events are usually held in March and April and may have up to 90 employers on hand.