Housekeeping services are provided at the following locations:
Southern Wake Campus
9101 Fayetteville Road Raleigh, North Carolina 27603
Perry Health Sciences Campus
2901 Holston Lane Raleigh, North Carolina 27610
Northern Wake Campus
6600 Louisburg Road Raleigh, North Carolina 27616
Public Safety Education Campus
321 Chapanoke Road Raleigh, NC 27603
Western Wake Campus
3434 Kildaire Farm Rd. Cary, North Carolina 27518
Beltline Education Center
3200 Bush Street Raleigh, NC 27609
Eastern Wake Education Center
519 N. Industrial Drive, Zebulon, NC 27597
- Environmentally responsible cleaning products and floor finishes.
- Chemical measuring and dilution control systems that minimize waste and that limits exposure.
- Micro Fiber dusting cloths and dust sleeves.
- Color coded Micro Fiber cleaning cloths to prevent cross contamination.
- Vacuums that meet the Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI) green label program requirements.
- Carpet extraction equipment that meets the CRI standard.
- Green cleaning procedures such as straight stream spray with cleaners, vacuuming stairwells, dust control burnishes, allowing proper allowing proper dwell time for restroom cleaners.
Wake Tech Facilities Management oversees the implementation, management, auditing of cleaning procedures and processes, and confirms the use of Green Seal Certified products and other low environmental impact products.
Green Cleaning Procedures
- When possible, use environmentally preferable cleaning products and floor finishes.
- Use chemical measuring and dilution control systems that minimize waste and that limits exposure.
- Use Micro Fiber dusting cloths and dust sleeves.
- Use color coded Micro Fiber cleaning cloths to prevent cross contamination.
- Use vacuums that meet the CRI green label program requirements.
- Maintain cleaning periodic maintenance schedules, equipment maintenance schedules, purchasing and other related records.
- Use floor burnisher with active dust control.
- Use carpet extraction equipment that meets the CRI standard.
- Use environmentally preferable hand soap, paper towels, and toilet tissue.
- Identify building occupants with special sensitivities and the mitigate problem.
- Perform periodic floor and carpet maintenance during a period of minimum occupancy.
- Promote and communicate the Green Cleaning program to building occupants.
- Provide integrated pest management plan.
Studies show that creating a healthy environment by extracting the contaminants that normally enter buildings can greatly enhance student performance.
The Student Performance Impact Study conducted by Dr. Michael Berry, PhD revealed these staggering results:
- Student Attendance - up by 4 %
- Math Scores Above Basic - up by 25%
- Reading Scores Basic or Above - up by 16%
Dr. Berry concluded that “there is a direct connection between healthy school environments; behaviors and attitudes of students, parents, and educators; and academic achievement.”