Basics of Biotech
Explore biotechnology! This course gives students an introduction into the careers of a biotechnologist. Students will learn through experiences with molecular biology lab techniques, e-textiles, 3D printing, and other experiences in the world of microbes (the smallest living things). Additionally, students will learn why it is sometimes important to keep things scrupulously clean, and how it feels to work in an ultra clean environment. This work will be done in the context of understanding genetic engineering and bioethics.
Not at this time
|Campus / Location||Date(s)||Time||Register|
BioNetwork Capstone Center
|08/12 - 08/14||
Partial Scholarships are Available for this Camp
Scholarship application deadline is April 10, 2019
Submit scholarship application and all required application documentation by email to Courtney Boney. For additional information about scholarships, contact Courtney Boney at [email protected]
- Recipients will be notified by April 25, 2019
- Scholarships are contingent upon seat availability in camp
- Registration for scholarship applicants and partial payments will be accepted after the notification date
- Applications that are submitted in without the necessary requirements as listed on the form will not be reviewed
How to Register
- Visit the Summer Camp Registration page to begin the registration and payment process.
Campers must provide their own lunch.
Lunch IS NOT Provided.
Camp Cancellation Policy
- Wake Tech reserves the right to cancel camp sessions because of insufficient enrollment or instructor availability, in which case a full refund will be given.
Registrants who cancel 10 calendar days or less before the camp starts will be refunded 75% of the registration fee. "No-shows" are responsible for the registration fee. No refunds will be given after the course begins. To change your registration information or drop out of a camp, submit a written request to the Workforce Continuing Education Registration & Records Office before the camp start date:
Wake Technical Community College
Workforce Continuing Education Registration & Records
9101 Fayetteville Road
Raleigh, North Carolina 27603
For questions or more information about this camp, please contact Courtney Boney
at 919-334-1612 or [email protected]