Veterans using GI Bill® benefits
A Veterans Priority Registration (VPR) system has been established to allow veterans using GI Bill® benefits to register for courses before the general registration period opens.
VPR begins at 7:00 a.m. on October 30, 2017 for the Spring 2018 term.
All service members, veterans, and qualified family members using GI Bill® benefits are strongly encouraged to take advantage of this early registration opportunity!
Who’s eligible for Veterans Priority Registration?
- Veterans and/or family members who are taking classes at Wake Tech, using GI Bill® benefits, and who are in good academic standing.
- Dependents of Veterans using Dependent Education Assistance benefits, or Transfer of Entitlement
How does it work?
- VPR dates and times will be published on our website in advance for each academic semester.
- Students will be given their registration dates and times through WebAdvisor (as always).
- Students who qualify for VPR but are given a different registration date and time should contact Michael McLamb, Veterans Services Coordinator, at [email protected] or 919-532-5921.
- Students who are given VPR but fail to register during the priority period must register during general registration. If classes are full, students may select others or be placed on wait lists.
NOTE: ALL necessary paperwork must be submitted to the Certifying Official before the student will be added to the list.
Does Veterans Priority Registration affect tuition deadlines?
- Tuition will be deferred for Post 9/11(Chapter 33) and Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31) users until the VA makes payment.
- All other students must comply with scheduled payment deadlines.
Need more information?
Contact Wake Tech Veterans Services: [email protected]
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.