Advising Information

Advising is one of the most critical components for your success at Wake Technical Community College. All students (with the exception of Visiting Students) are assigned an Advisor or group of Advisors to help them select courses, answer questions about their program of study, set academic goals, and ensure students are ready for registration. If you are not sure who your Advisor is, you may call 919-866-5500 for help identifying and locating your Advisor, or click here for more information.

Visiting Students

Visiting students are not assigned a faculty advisor. However, admissions counselors are available to offer assistance. Visiting students are expected to meet the same pre-requisite and co-requisite course requirements as all other students. The academic units may recommend that a student drops a class for which he has not fulfilled the published pre- or co-requisites. Visiting students who have questions about courses may call Student Information at 919-866-5500 and their inquiry will be directed to the appropriate area.


Registration holds of any type other than advising holds such as unpaid traffic violations, tuition balances, financial aid debts, library fines, etc., must be cleared by the originating office.  A hold will prevent your ability to access web registration or to complete your registration.

Satisfactory Academic Progress

Wake Tech requires all students to make satisfactory academic progress, defined as a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0, based on credit hours attempted. Semester and cumulative GPAs are calculated at the end of each spring semester; students who meet the GPA requirements are considered to be in good standing. Students in special academic or support programs and students receiving financial aid or veterans’ benefits must also meet any additional academic requirements for those programs. Contact Financial Aid and Veteran Services for more specific requirements. Students who do not meet the requirements for Satisfactory Academic Progress will be placed on Academic Warning, Probation, or Suspension.