Change of Status to F-1

Individuals who are in the United States on another non-immigrant visa and for whom one of the following applies:

  • You are about to turn 21 years old.
  • Your current visa status is about to expire.
  • Your current visa status is B1/B2, F2, or C-1.

In order to study at Wake Tech in a curriculum or the English as a Foreign Language (EFL) program, you will have to receive an I-20 and apply for a change of status to F-1 with Immigration.  After your application is completed with the International Student Office, you will submit a change of status application to Immigration.  Please download the following checklist and Form I-539: