ILC Biological Sciences Location and Hours SUMMER 2020
The ILC Tutoring Center offers professional tutoring in a variety of disciplines online during these challenging times. Our services are available without charge to Wake Tech students.
Biology Tutoring Summer 2020.
Biology will operate on a limited by appointment schedule in-person on one campus only beginning Tuesday June 2:
Biology - Scott North Wake Campus
In-Person Appointment Safety Info
What precautions are being taken to make In-Person tutoring sessions as safe as possible?
- Wake Tech will provide checkpoints on each campus in order to take students’ and faculty and staff members’ temperatures and offer them masks and gloves to wear. Please see the checkpoint information in the documents below.
- Wake Tech asks that students, faculty, and staff follow social distancing guidelines by staying at least 6 feet apart from one another. The ILC has arranged the furniture in the tutoring Centers to keep everyone at a safe distance.
- Wake Tech has hand sanitizer available for all students, faculty, and staff to use. Tutors will be cleaning used surfaces between tutoring sessions.
- Each night, buildings will receive deep cleaning.
- No one is allowed to linger in hallways or classrooms.
- Wake Tech police will be on patrol to support the safety and well-being of all students, faculty, and staff.
What can I do to contribute to the safety of In-Person tutoring sessions?
- Keep the required mask on.
- Wash/sanitize your hands frequently.
- Socially distance by maintaining at least 6 feet of separation between you and any others in the room.
- Leave campus as soon as your appointment is over.
Limited In-Person Biology Tutoring
We will offer limited In-Person socially distanced Biology tutoring by appointment on Scott North Wake Campus only beginning Tuesday June 2, 2020. Monday - Friday SUMMER 2020.
What should I expect during my In-Person Tutoring session?
You will be offered a 1 student session lasting between 45 minutes to 1 hour. Your session will comply with social distancing requirements.
How do I make an appointment?
- Using the online scheduler: In Person Biology Tutoring
- E-mail:[email protected]
What should I expect when I arrive on campus?
- You will have to check in at the checkpoint for the campus.
- Please have your Wake Tech ID with you.
- Please expect your check in to take up to 30 minutes before your appointment.
- You will be given a mask to wear at all times and a card clearing you to use our in-person services for the day.
- You will be allowed in the ILC Center when it is time for your appointment. Please have your Wake Tech ID with you.
- Please remember to avoid lingering in walkways or hallways for your safety.
Where will the In-Person Tutoring sessions take place?
Building F (NF) 451
Who can I contact if I have questions?
- Richard Amankwa on TEAMS
- Richard Amankwa via email at [email protected]
Session Times Monday - Thursday
- 9:00 - 10:00
- 11:00 - 12:00
- 1:00 - 2:00
- 3:00 - 4:00
Session Times Friday
- 9:00 - 10:00
- 10:00 - 11:00
- 11:00 - 12:00
Summer 2020 Online Tutoring
There are three ways to make ILC Online Tutoring Appointments
- The ILC is introducing the Microsoft Bookings app that enables students to book their own online tutoring appointments. To book a tutoring session, select the appropriate center. You will be asked to login to your WTCC account before accessing BOOKINGS: Math and Science: https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/[email protected]/bookings/
- Email: [email protected]
- Call: 919-532-5621
On the BOOKINGS Page:
- Select the service that matches the help you are looking for.
- Choose a day and available times will appear.
- Complete the questions and be sure to enter your Wake Tech email. If entered incorrectly, you will not receive the emailed meeting link.
- Click “Book”.
- You will get a confirmation email for your tutoring session.
- Click the “Join Teams Meeting” link in the email to start your tutoring session.
We look forward to working with you!