We have information and resources to help you make sound career decisions and develop a plan of action for reaching your goals. Career Lens, our career exploration lab, includes:
- Self-Assessment: Evaluate your interests and abilities as they relate to the world of work
- Career Research: Gather data about jobs – duties, required skills, salaries, and employment outlook
- Learning: Find out about Wake Tech program requirements and career pathways
Career Counselors are here to guide you in finding resources and services, evaluating program options, and exploring careers.
What do you need? Short sessions, or extended guidance throughout the semester? You decide what will be most beneficial to you.
Services are free! Career Lens has a flexible, open entry-exit format – take a look: Career Lens schedule
To learn more, contact Laura Bethea at [email protected] or 919-866-6361.
These links offer resources to assist in your career exploration. NOTE: Wake Tech is not affiliated with or responsible for these websites or their content.
- What Can I Do With This Major? Connect academic majors to careers and employers.
- College Foundation of NC (CFNC) Tools for transitioning to college, transferring, and exploring majors and careers.
- Princeton Review College majors, careers, and college rankings.
- Virtual Job Shadow- Take a virtual field trip and go behind the scenes with real professionals to view 1000+ career opportunities.
- Roadtrip Nation -See careers come to life through the experiences and advice of engaging professionals. Create your personal roadmap to career success. (Use code RTNWT20)
- Career Coach: Data on local jobs, requirements, wages, and outlook – and corresponding Wake Tech programs.
- O*NET: Detailed descriptions of more than 1,000 jobs.
- Career One Stop: Occupations, salaries, outlook, and career videos.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook: Salaries, education and training requirements, outlook, and employment resources.
- America's Career InfoNet: Occupations and industries, salaries, outlook, and self-assessments.
- Focus 2: Self-assessment, exploration, decision-making, and action planning. (Access at your Career Lens session.)
- College Foundation of NC (CFNC): Explore interests, skills, and work values to find career options.
- My Next Move: Learn duties, educational requirements, and job outlook for various careers.
- Personality Type.com: Discover your personality types to understand preferences.
- Humanmetrics: Find out how your lifestyle choices relate to specific career fields.
- Keirsey Temperament Sorter: Learn about your temperament and its connection to your career.