Summer Bridge Program
The Summer Bridge Program is designed to provide a comprehensive introduction to Wake Tech and to provide academic support designed to ease the transition from high school to college while building a strong academic foundation.
The Summer Bridge Program Experience
All participants will learn together in an 8-week summer term from June 3, 2021, through July 29, 2021, in a hybrid setting. Participants will also:
- Have no cost for the program including tuition and fees
- Attend in-person class Monday and Wednesday, virtual learning Tuesday and Thursday
- Receive a free laptop as part of participating in the program
- Have access to Wake Tech resources and services
- Receive academic support through specialized tutoring and success coaching
- Meet key college faculty, staff, and administrators who will become part of the student's support system
- Participate in cultural enrichment activities
- Have fun and make lifelong friends.
The Summer Bridge Program Requirements
All participants must meet the following criteria to participate:
- Admitted as a Wake Tech student
- Have a high school GPA of less than 2.2
- Agree to complete all assignments and activities during the entire 8-week program
- Complete the Summer Bridge Program application
- Attend a virtual information and welcome session on May 26th
The Summer Bridge Program Deadlines
- Apply to the Summer Bridge Program by April 26, 2021.
- You will be notified via email of a decision on your acceptance by May 7, 2021.
- Upon acceptance, you will be contacted by phone regarding the next steps.
For further information, please contact us at [email protected].