- Are you interested in leading/co-leading or just joining a study group for a particular course?
- Do you want to increase your involvement and performance in a course?
- Do you want to stand out on your transfer applications?
If you answered yes, the Wake Tech Service-Learning Program may be for you! The Service-Learning Program is open to all Wake Tech Students.
Description of the Service-Learning project for a study group leader/co-leader:
- Lead/co-lead a weekly study group in a course (which you are currently taking or an approved prerequisite course) for at least 10 hours throughout the semester.
- Complete a reflection in which you communicate specific examples of how group discussions related to your own learning of course objectives (the reflection activity can be in the form of journal entries, a paper, video or PowerPoint)
- Meet with your study group in a Campus Success Center, campus library, or virtually.
Benefits of Participation
- Receive official notation on your college transcript for having completed Service Learning-designated course(s)
- Gain an edge in transferring to competitive colleges and universities
- Assume a leadership role
Ready to get involved (even as just a group member)? Contact your course instructor and/or
Wendy Clinton, Service-Learning Program Coordinator
919-866-5979, Office: SC 101V