Plus 50 Lifelong Learning
Wake Tech offers courses designed especially for adults 50 and over that can help you discover a new career, improve your job search skills, plan for retirement, or explore personal interests.
Check out these programs and resources:
Become an Entrepreneur
You may have dreamed of starting a business or turning hobbies or volunteer work into a money-making operation. Wake Tech's Small Business Center and Entrepreneurship Initiatives programs have resources to help get you started. Talk with an SBC advisor (live and in person!) in a free, confidential session, any time questions arise.
Retired to Re-hired!
Going back into the workforce can be daunting: You may wonder about your tech skills or generation gaps in the workplace - or you may be seeing a challenge you haven't identified yet. Wake Tech's Career Transitions Forum is a great place to start. This unique, weekly series of lectures and networking activities brings professionals together to share ideas and experience in a supportive environment.
Course Details & Registration Information
- learn about behavioral finance history, evolution, and key concepts
- learn about the systems involved in the psychology of Money
- learn about confidence, confirmation, and similar concepts of Investor Heuristics
- explore choice architecture, opting in versus out and a history of pricing.
- learn to examine common mistakes and creatively overcome the situation
- What is Behavioral Finance?
- The Psychology of Money
- Investor Heuristics
- Choice Architecture
- Creating ways to overcome ourselves
- Attendance 100%
- The Road to Retirement - CSP-4000ED2
- Investment Strategies for Reaching Financial Goals - CSP-4000FB3