Plus 50 Lifelong Learning
Wake Tech's Plus 50 program offers courses such as yoga, dance, Spanish, and scrapbooking. If you take a course at a location other than a Wake Tech campus such as a senior center, then you must register for a course at that specific senior center.
In addition to courses offered at various Wake Tech campuses and sites, we offer programs at senior centers, community and recreation sites throughout Wake County.
Partner sites and senior centers
|Apex Community Center||919-249-3402||53 Hunter St, Apex, NC 27502|
|Cary Senior Center||919-469-4061||120 Maury Odell Pl, Cary, NC 27513|
|Eastern Wake Senior Center||919-365-4248||323 Lake Drive Wendell, NC 27591|
|Garner Senior Center||919-779-0122||205 E Garner Rd, Garner, NC 27529|
|Northern Wake Senior Center||919-554-4111||235 E Holding Ave, Wake Forest, NC 27587|
Become an Entrepreneur
You may have dreamed of starting a business or turning hobbies or volunteer work into a money-making operation. Wake Tech's Small Business Center and Entrepreneurship Initiatives programs have resources to help get you started. Talk with an SBC advisor (live and in person!) in a free, confidential session, any time questions arise.
Retired to Re-hired!
Going back into the workforce can be daunting: You may wonder about your tech skills or generation gaps in the workplace - or you may be seeing a challenge you haven't identified yet. Wake Tech's Career Transitions Forum is a great place to start. This unique, weekly series of lectures and networking activities brings professionals together to share ideas and experience in a supportive environment.
Course Details & Registration Information
- have identified transferable skills.
- have explored legal and regulatory guidelines for launching a business.
- have reviewed opportunities for self-employment positions in various industries.
- have identified methods to develop relationships with clients.
- have developed an action plan.
- have explored additional training opportunities.
- Module 1 - Registration, self assessment, overview and transferable skills
- Module 2 - Barriers to employment and opportunities for self employment
- Module 3 - Effective communication and presentation skills for entrepreneurs
- Module 4 - Components of a business plan
- Module 5 - Exploration of business ventures
- Module 6 - Putting a plan into action
- Attendance 95% or above
- Career Readiness-Success Strategies - HRD-3004A4