Plus 50 Lifelong Learning
Wake Tech offers courses designed especially for adults 50 and over that can help you discover a new career, improve your job search skills, plan for retirement, or explore personal interests.
Check out these programs and resources:
Become an Entrepreneur
You may have dreamed of starting a business or turning hobbies or volunteer work into a money-making operation. Wake Tech's Small Business Center and Entrepreneurship Initiatives programs have resources to help get you started. Talk with an SBC advisor (live and in person!) in a free, confidential session, any time questions arise.
Retired to Re-hired!
Going back into the workforce can be daunting: You may wonder about your tech skills or generation gaps in the workplace - or you may be seeing a challenge you haven't identified yet. Wake Tech's Career Transitions Forum is a great place to start. This unique, weekly series of lectures and networking activities brings professionals together to share ideas and experience in a supportive environment.
Course Details & Registration Information
- have identified transferable skills.
- have explored legal and regulatory guidelines for launching a business.
- have reviewed opportunities for self-employment positions in various industries.
- have identified methods to develop relationships with clients.
- have developed an action plan.
- have explored additional training opportunities.
- Module 1 - Registration, self assessment, overview and transferable skills
- Module 2 - Barriers to employment and opportunities for self employment
- Module 3 - Effective communication and presentation skills for entrepreneurs
- Module 4 - Components of a business plan
- Module 5 - Exploration of business ventures
- Module 6 - Putting a plan into action
- Attendance 95% or above
- Career Readiness-Success Strategies - HRD-3004A4