Plus 50 Lifelong Learning
2019 Plus 50 Expo
Thank you for making this year's event a success!
Plus 50 Sites and Programs
In addition to courses offered at various Wake Tech campuses and sites, we offer programs at senior centers, community and recreation sites throughout Wake County:
|Apex Community Center||919-249-3402||53 Hunter St, Apex, NC 27502|
|Cary Senior Center||919-469-4061||120 Maury Odell Pl, Cary, NC 27513|
|Cedar Fork Community Center||919-463-7100||1050 Town Hall Dr, Morrisville, NC 27560|
|Eastern Wake Senior Center||919-365-4248||323 Lake Drive Wendell, NC 27591|
|Garner Senior Center||919-779-0122||205 E Garner Rd, Garner, NC 27529|
|Knightdale Recreation Center||919-217-2232||101 Lawson Ridge Rd. Knightdale, NC 27545|
|Northern Wake Senior Center||919-554-4111||235 E Holding Ave, Wake Forest, NC 27587|
Become an Entrepreneur
You may have dreamed of starting a business or turning hobbies or volunteer work into a money-making operation. Wake Tech's Small Business Center and Entrepreneurship Initiatives programs have resources to help get you started. Talk with an SBC advisor (live and in person!) in a free, confidential session, any time questions arise.
Retired to Re-hired!
Going back into the workforce can be daunting: You may wonder about your tech skills or generation gaps in the workplace - or you may be seeing a challenge you haven't identified yet. Wake Tech's Career Transitions Forum is a great place to start. This unique, weekly series of lectures and networking activities brings professionals together to share ideas and experience in a supportive environment.
Course Details & Registration Information
- have identified transferable skills.
- have explored legal and regulatory guidelines for launching a business.
- have reviewed opportunities for self-employment positions in various industries.
- have identified methods to develop relationships with clients.
- have developed an action plan.
- have explored additional training opportunities.
- Module 1 - Registration, self assessment, overview and transferable skills
- Module 2 - Barriers to employment and opportunities for self employment
- Module 3 - Effective communication and presentation skills for entrepreneurs
- Module 4 - Components of a business plan
- Module 5 - Exploration of business ventures
- Module 6 - Putting a plan into action
- Attendance 95% or above
- Career Readiness-Success Strategies - HRD-3004A4