Plus 50 Lifelong Learning
Plus 50 Sites and Programs
In addition to courses offered at various Wake Tech campuses and sites, we offer programs at senior centers, community and recreation sites throughout Wake County:
|Apex Community Center||919-249-3402||53 Hunter St, Apex, NC 27502|
|Cary Senior Center||919-469-4061||120 Maury Odell Pl, Cary, NC 27513|
|Eastern Wake Senior Center||919-365-4248||323 Lake Drive Wendell, NC 27591|
|Garner Senior Center||919-779-0122||205 E Garner Rd, Garner, NC 27529|
|Northern Wake Senior Center||919-554-4111||235 E Holding Ave, Wake Forest, NC 27587|
Example offsite courses include yoga, dance, Spanish, and scrapbooking. One must register at the specific senior center for these courses and to see the list of classes available.
Become an Entrepreneur
You may have dreamed of starting a business or turning hobbies or volunteer work into a money-making operation. Wake Tech's Small Business Center and Entrepreneurship Initiatives programs have resources to help get you started. Talk with an SBC advisor (live and in person!) in a free, confidential session, any time questions arise.
Retired to Re-hired!
Going back into the workforce can be daunting: You may wonder about your tech skills or generation gaps in the workplace - or you may be seeing a challenge you haven't identified yet. Wake Tech's Career Transitions Forum is a great place to start. This unique, weekly series of lectures and networking activities brings professionals together to share ideas and experience in a supportive environment.
Course Details & Registration Information
- define Biophilic design and list some specific ways to implement it into the environment
- explain the benefits of using this technique in residential and commercial spaces enumerating the key elements and attributes biophilic design provides
- determine the strategies and considerations for the use of biophilic design patterns
- explain how the aging population can benefit from biophilic design in healthcare, senior living, and living at home
- What is a Biophilic Environment? What is Biophilia, it is history and how should it be implemented?
- Benefits of Biophilic Design in Commercial spaces including stress reduction, cognitive performance, emotion, mood, and preference as well as creativity.
- Values Elements and Attributes including the overview of eight Biophilic values in writings by Stephen Kellert and his colleagues, as well as a discussion of “14 Patterns of Biophilic Design.”
by Terrapin Bright Green
- The use of Biophilic patterns for desired results
- Biophilic Environments and how they relate to the aging populations
- Attendance 100%
- The Organization of Agencies and Services for Aging Adults - NUR-3279I3
- Certificate in Aging Studies Part II - NUR-3279H3
- What Is Assisted Living? Care/Family Care). - NUR-3001B2
- Certificate in Aging Studies Part 1 - NUR-3279G3