Plus 50 Lifelong Learning
2019 Plus 50 Expo
Thank you for making this year's event a success!
Plus 50 Sites and Programs
In addition to courses offered at various Wake Tech campuses and sites, we offer programs at senior centers, community and recreation sites throughout Wake County:
|Apex Community Center||919-249-3402||53 Hunter St, Apex, NC 27502|
|Cary Senior Center||919-469-4061||120 Maury Odell Pl, Cary, NC 27513|
|Cedar Fork Community Center||919-463-7100||1050 Town Hall Dr, Morrisville, NC 27560|
|Eastern Wake Senior Center||919-365-4248||323 Lake Drive Wendell, NC 27591|
|Garner Senior Center||919-779-0122||205 E Garner Rd, Garner, NC 27529|
|Knightdale Recreation Center||919-217-2232||101 Lawson Ridge Rd. Knightdale, NC 27545|
|Northern Wake Senior Center||919-554-4111||235 E Holding Ave, Wake Forest, NC 27587|
Become an Entrepreneur
You may have dreamed of starting a business or turning hobbies or volunteer work into a money-making operation. Wake Tech's Small Business Center and Entrepreneurship Initiatives programs have resources to help get you started. Talk with an SBC advisor (live and in person!) in a free, confidential session, any time questions arise.
Retired to Re-hired!
Going back into the workforce can be daunting: You may wonder about your tech skills or generation gaps in the workplace - or you may be seeing a challenge you haven't identified yet. Wake Tech's Career Transitions Forum is a great place to start. This unique, weekly series of lectures and networking activities brings professionals together to share ideas and experience in a supportive environment.
Course Details & Registration Information
- define Biophilic design and list some specific ways to implement it into the environment
- explain the benefits of using this technique in residential and commercial spaces enumerating the key elements and attributes biophilic design provides
- determine the strategies and considerations for the use of biophilic design patterns
- explain how the aging population can benefit from biophilic design in healthcare, senior living, and living at home
- What is a Biophilic Environment? What is Biophilia, it is history and how should it be implemented?
- Benefits of Biophilic Design in Commercial spaces including stress reduction, cognitive performance, emotion, mood, and preference as well as creativity.
- Values Elements and Attributes including the overview of eight Biophilic values in writings by Stephen Kellert and his colleagues, as well as a discussion of “14 Patterns of Biophilic Design.”
by Terrapin Bright Green
- The use of Biophilic patterns for desired results
- Biophilic Environments and how they relate to the aging populations
- Attendance 100%
- The Organization of Agencies and Services for Aging Adults - NUR-3279I3
- Certificate in Aging Studies Part II - NUR-3279H3
- What Is Assisted Living? Care/Family Care). - NUR-3001B2
- Certificate in Aging Studies Part 1 - NUR-3279G3