The links below offer additional options for higher-level students and for more specific audiences.
Beyond The Basics
- Beyond the Basics is a series of advanced English classes designed for non-native English speakers. Areas of focus include Advanced Conversation and Fluency, Pronunciation, Business Writing, and Interpersonal Skills for the Workplace (negotiating, problem-solving, decision making, nonverbal communication). Classes typically meet once per week for seven or eight weeks, and there is a small fee. All instructors hold current credentials in the field of language instruction. To find the next available class, visit the Beyond the Basics webpage.
- For registration or more information, please contact Susan Ballard at [email protected] or 919-334-1536.
- English as a Foreign Language (EFL) is a curriculum program at Wake Tech designed to develop the academic English skills of college-level students who wish to study in the United States. There are admission requirements and tuition fees for these classes. Credit and Academic Visas are available.
- For more information, access efl.waketech.edu or contact Michael Jones at [email protected] or 919-866-5627
- An Adult Basic Education program for students that have tested out of ESL, but need to increase their literacy skills. Instruction is centered on developing foundational reading and vocabulary skills. Classes prepare students for their next academic step; whether it’s to enter the High School Equivalency Preparation program or a college or university curriculum program with a focus is on college and career readiness. For more information call 919-334-1501.
Bilingual (Spanish-English) Computer Training and Vocational (A/C Technician, OSHA, Cake Decorating, Acrylic Nails, etc...), Translation and Interpretation Courses, Spanish Language Instruction Training (Spanish for Construction Sites, Office Personnel, Restaurant Staff, etc…)
For more information access, Hispanic/Latino Portal or contact Vocational Training at 919-866-7221; [email protected]
- Online classes offered through Wake Tech's Workforce Continuing Education Services. Ed2Go offers useful 6-week classes for a small fee including "Grammar for ESL."
- For more information, access Ed2Go.waketech.edu under Personal Development and Languages
- Access enespanol.waketech.edu for Wake Tech class information in Spanish.
- Wake Tech has students from all over the world and has an office devoted to assisting them.
- Visit international.waketech.edu to learn more about obtaining a student visa, admissions and curriculum classes.
Refugee Student Support
- Refugee assistance in getting started with English Language Training.
- For more information, contact Kimberly Saunders at [email protected] or 919-334-1504.