Adult High School
In Wake Tech's Adult High School program, students complete the courses that they did not finish in high school to obtain the 22 credits required by the North Carolina Future Ready Core standards. Students take computer-based courses one at a time, and tuition for the courses is waived.
- A student needs to have at least 14 credits to transfer into the program and can have no more than eight credits remaining to graduate.
- Students must be at least 18 years old, or withdrawn from high school for one month if younger than 18. Underage students should email Wendy Davis at [email protected] for additional paperwork before attending orientation.
- Students work with personalized assistance from instructors. Each course should be completed within 60 days.
- Students must mail their most recent official high school transcript – one that is sealed and unopened from their previous high school – to the following address for evaluation to determine eligibility:
Wake Tech Community College
3200 Bush St.
Raleigh NC, 27609
Attention: Adult High School Diploma Program
- Once you have mailed your transcript, please email the Adult High School department at [email protected] regarding the next steps.
Adult High School transcripts
You can request a copy of your Adult High School Transcript by emailing [email protected]. The email should include the student's name at the time of attendance, date of birth, year of completion and the complete address where the official transcript should be sent.
Official transcripts are mailed to colleges/universities or businesses with the Wake Tech seal, the AHS supervisor's signature and a label placed across the back of the envelope. Only the designated recipient should open the envelope.
An unofficial transcript is a transcript that will include the same information as an official transcript but will be stamped "unofficial." Most colleges/universities will not accept an unofficial transcript. An unofficial transcript can be mailed or emailed to the student.
NOTE: If you completed your High School Equivalency (GED® or HiSET®) credential, you can request copies of your diploma and transcript from Diploma Sender. For assistance, call Diploma Sender toll-free at 855-313-5799.