Non-Credit Online Learning
Wake Tech offers training in a variety of online and hybrid formats. Hybrid courses are those with some in-person instruction in a classroom some with online instruction. We also offer partner with several online educational partners who have large catalogs of online training programs.
- Upon successful completion of course, participants will
• have specific skills training that lead to professional certification in different aspects of the hospitality industry.
• be prepared for entry-level / Supervisory positions for lodging & other hospitality positions.
.• Promote Confidence and positive work ethics.
• Provide smooth transition to Lodging Management Program or high level hospitality coursework.
• have exposure to various hotel and restaurant markets via Field Trips and Guest Speakers ( Traditional Classes only)
- Topics included are
• Introduction to Hospitality and Lodging
• Beverages, Restaurants, and Managed Services
• Tourism, Recreation, Attractions, Clubs and Gaming
• Assemblies, Events, Attractions, Leadership and Management.
• Front Desk Representative Certification ( American Hotel & Lodging Education Institute)
• ServSafe Training Certification (National Restaurant Association)
• TIPS Certification (for traditional class) For Online version link on how to register will be provided.
• OPERA Property Management System Certification
• Delphi Sales & Catering System (Optional for students that are interested in Sales). Students pay Delphi directly. Instructor will provide with more information .
The students will be required to finish the online sessions once user ID's and passwords are provided by the instructor.
- Students will be prepared for an entry-level position in various hospitality departments.
Students will be prepared to get certified in Servsafe (Food Handling and Sanitation ) through the National Restaurant Association.
Front Desk Representative Certification ( American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute)
OPERA Property Management System through ORACLE (Used in Most Major Hotel Chains)
Host U Certification ( Knowledge in Wines, Beer, Spirits, & Non-Alcoholic Beverages )
T.I.P.S certification for Responsible Alcohol Service ( Training for Intervention Procedures) (Traditional Class only)
Delphi Sales & Catering System (Optional for students that are interested in Sales). Students pay Delphi directly. Instructor will provide with more information .
- Attendance 90% or above
- Students must complete all the required assignments with the minimum grade requirements per topic to successfully complete the course. An average of 70 % or higher will be required to get the final certification.
- Guest Service Agent
- Front Office Agent
- Banquet Setup
- Banquet Waiter
- Sales Coordinator
- ABE Bridge to Hospitality - ABE-WKPL1
- Bartending 101 - HOS-3007A3
- Customer Service - CJC-5025G4
- Commercial Food Equipment Service Training - ELC-3130A3
Get the career-focused education you need to succeed! Wake Tech has partnered with Career Step to offer online training programs including Medical Coding and Billing, Medical Transcription and Editing, Medical Administrative Assistant with EHR, and Pharmacy Technician.
Short Personal Development Online Courses
Over 350 online courses that cover a wide variety of categories. These high-quality courses are taught by industry experts and deliver specific skills and knowledge that help to advance student personal or professional development. Fundamentals courses start new each month or start anytime with a self-paced course. Categories include business, computer skills, medical, soft skills, language, personal development, teaching, writing, and more!
Online Career Training Courses
Over 180 online career training courses, teaching to the fastest growing, in-demand skills. All courses are taught by experienced subject matter experts and designed to provide training needed for entry or advancement in career opportunities. Many courses prepare students for industry-recognized certifications and a growing number of them include the cost of those certification tests. Financial assistance through programs such as WIOA or MyCAA – Free Career Training for Military Spouses may be available. Categories include healthcare, skilled trades, business, software, IT, management, design hospitality, and more!
ProTrain is the global leader in educational services. Courses include IT training and certifications, accounting and financial services education, programming and web design development, and green and renewable energy instruction. Here you can find affordable, self-paced, online certificate programs that can train you for the latest, in-demand job skills.
UGotClass online certificates and courses are provided by the Learning Resources Network (LERN), the largest continuing education association in the world, serving more than 1,000 colleges, universities and schools. Online courses are taught by leading practitioners and teachers, with audio presentations from the teacher and interaction with other participants and the teacher. We offer certificates, CEUs, ILUs, and some courses even have optional graduate credit. Courses focus on “Skills for the 21st Century” ©.